All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think?

+4
Caryll
LyndaW
ella
Eleanor
8 posters

Go down

'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think? Empty 'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think?

Post by Eleanor Mon May 12, 2014 5:53 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/12/panda-dogs-are-the-latest-animal-must-have-4725007/

Meet the pampered pooch who only eats food from Marks and Spencer, has his paws washed with designer soap – and costs his owners nearly £5,000 a year.

Louis, a 10-year-old lhasa apso, detests dog food and will only eat organic scrambled eggs for breakfast, smoked salmon for lunch and Marks and Spencer egg fried rice for dinner.

He regularly enjoys being pampered and having his long fur washed with salon bought shampoo – and always enjoys a proper blow dry.

He lives his life of luxury in Loughborough with owners Jo Jose, 60, and her husband Graham, 72.

Jo said: “Lou Lou is utterly spoiled. He eats better than most people do and is very demanding.”

If he goes outside Jo will make sure Louis’ paws are hand washed with designer soap costing £10 a bar as “it makes Louis fur come out the cleanest”.

After being taken for a long walk at 7am with Graham, Louis will demand breakfast for 9.30am.

Jo said: “He won’t eat his food unless someone sits with him in the room, and I often end up hand feeding him.

“At dinner time I will cook up a portion of Marks and Spencer egg friend rice served with freshly cooked and sliced meat. He loves it but can sometimes be a little fussy.”

Louis hates to be left alone and when travelling in the car he demands to be in the front seat next to Jo.

He also likes to wear clips in his hair to keep it out of his eyes and has a selection of £30 dog jackets which he likes to wear.

At night, he sleeps in a £75 fur lined basket, although he will sneak into the couple’s bed if he can.

After a day of doing whatever he pleases, which includes sleeping and playing the garden, Louis then waits for dinner to be cooked for him at 6.30pm sharp.

Every birthday the couple will buy a card for Louis with his age on, and he will receive a Marks and Spencer Victoria Sponge cake with candles on it.

Jo said: “We like Lou Lou to feel special and he enjoys a slice of the cake. We always treat him around Christmas and birthdays – he is like our child.

“Lou Lou loves Christmas because it means he can tuck into Christmas dinner – a fine filet steak – which is something he loves.

“We like him to feel like one of the family.”

Louis has a list of other demands which he likes Jo and Graham to meet, including having his face washed, being talked to at all times, being massaged and brushed before bed.

Jo said: “He is hard work sometimes, but we love him and wouldn’t be without him.

“Lou Lou is such a character.”

I think it's disgusting. This dog's only meat source is a lunch of smoked salmon. Add that to the ridiculously unhealthy other meals and I'd be surprised if the poor thing isn't riddled with health problems.

I also can't stand people dumping their dogs at grooming parlours for harsh shampooing and blow drying regularly. Not to mention the constant paw cleaning with M&S soap after every walk.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think? Empty Re: 'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think?

Post by ella Mon May 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Utterly ridiculous, a dog is a dog, sure spoil them BUT still treat them/feed them as a BLOODY DOG  angry 
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think? Empty Re: 'Spoiled' dog's diet - what do you think?

Post by Eleanor Mon May 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Exactly! This couple is essentially shortening their dog's lifespan and probably causing the poor thing a huge range of problems.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon May 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Poor dog - treated as a surrogate child. And the pity of it is that the owners probably think they are doing their very best for their baby.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon May 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Oh, god! That poor dog - killed by kindness (of a sorts).
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Mon May 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Ridiculous - they're crazy.
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon May 12, 2014 9:32 pm

I don't doubt they mean well and obviously care for their dog, but somebody (a vet, for instance) needs to tell them about the damage they're doing to their dog.

Also... I didn't realise I'd put the wrong link up! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon May 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Eleanor wrote:
Also... I didn't realise I'd put the wrong link up! laughing

laughing laughing  I didn't click the link!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue May 13, 2014 9:04 am

All I'm seeing in that article is behavior issue on behavior issue.

Poor dog, that's not being spoiled, that's being forced to be some kind of animal that it's not.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 am

shocked omg. A dog can feel like part of the family without being treated like that.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue May 13, 2014 11:38 am

Shisa wrote:All I'm seeing in that article is behavior issue on behavior issue.

Poor dog, that's not being spoiled, that's being forced to be some kind of animal that it's not.

You've hit the nail on the head.

It's the owners that need some help, I think. Somebody really needs to tell them what they're doing to that poor dog - maybe Victoria Stilwell should pop along & give them one of her looks!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue May 13, 2014 7:17 pm

mmmmmmm love to criticise but then I see something in there that gives me the "people in glass houses" Syndrome

"Every birthday the couple will buy a card for Louis with his age on, and he will receive a Marks and Spencer Victoria Sponge cake with candles on it.

Jo said: “We like Lou Lou to feel special and he enjoys a slice of the cake. We always treat him around Christmas and birthdays – he is like our child."

But I have to say we do not buy cards with age on as that is simply ridiculous and we buy the sponge cake from Sainburys  blush 
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue May 13, 2014 7:34 pm

I don't buy cards for Dempsey, although he buys cards for us! blush 

And yes, I buy a small cake for his birthday, but the rest of the year (including Christmas) he eats his own dog food!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue May 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Yeah, getting your dog a birthday card is perfectly harmless and he won't have any idea what it's all about anyway. I must admit that I have never celebrated my dogs' birthdays for precisely that reason.

I suppose one bit of cake once or twice a year won't do any harm, but needless to say I don't do that either. I'm a mean doggy-mummy!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:43 pm

I get birthday/Christmas presents for Dempsey, I'll admit! laughing But I don't pretend that he understands what's going on! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down