All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

+5
LyndaW
Amber
Caroline
ella
Eleanor
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 5 Empty Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Eleanor Sun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Probably only a small one, like a PLC. It's only a little thought buzzing around my head at the moment, as I don't think mum is too keen on the idea! laughing

What ever happens, it definitely won't be for a good while yet. One extra species is good enough for me and I want to focus on my stick insects. happy

Last edited by Eleanor on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:03 pm

And it WILL be right!

This hedgie will live better than we do! wink 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P - Page 5 Empty Re: Thinking of getting a chameleon... Updated - or even a hedgehog! :P

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:07 pm

If he does, I'll know I've done my job! laughing

Tomorrow will be the first official planning day! happy I'll start clearing out space from the pigsty I call my bedroom!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Maybe that's a good omen....the hedgiepig will go in the pigsty!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:12 pm

I could never subject it to that! laughing

I love how I'm perfectly happy to live in it, but I won't allow an animal to do the same! Says a lot, really!  rolling on floor 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:22 pm

rolling on floor 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:47 pm

Good luck Eleanor with

a) tidying your bedroom!
b) making a perfect home for your hedgie
c) getting your hedgie

hug 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Thank you! hug I'll need it with the first one! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:12 pm

Got a response from our vets, saying that they will be very happy to treat my future hedgehog! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:04 pm

awesome happy
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:10 pm

thumbs up 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:59 am

Now it's time for Piggie to find you.

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:53 am

Not quite yet, sadly! tongue Still have to clear space and get all the stuff sorted! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:54 pm

Nooooo!!! Get your bum in gear girl.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Can't rush into it! laughing

My bedroom is an absolute tip, which is going to take a few weeks to sort out. I'll also need to get the supplies gradually, as I'm going to build the hedgehog's enclosure myself. Excited! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Shisa wrote:Nooooo!!! Get your bum in gear girl.

Her bedroom is going to take several gears!! shocked 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey, it's much better than it was! laughing I like my mess!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:05 pm

talk to the hand 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:15 pm

giggle 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

laughing
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Eleanor wrote:Got a response from our vets, saying that they will be very happy to treat my future hedgehog! happy
 thumbs up 

Great idea to make it's wee home yourself happy
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Thanks! happy I have this plan of exactly what it'll look like and all of the enclosures I saw online were either too dangerous, too small or looked like they'd been strung together with chewing gum! laughing

I'll post a picture after it's been built, but I haven't even gotten the supplies yet, so it might be a while. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Update:

Plans have been scrapped as of today. Even after weeks of rearranging furniture and cleaning out, there just isn't enough room, so it wouldn't be fair on the hedgehog. Planning was fun though, so at least I got something out of it.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Oh. So sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Well, the good news is that you now have a lovely palace of a bedroom, which I hope you are proud of!

If there is not enough room for a hedgehog (and I have NO idea how much room they need), you have other options for a less spacially demanding little pet. I can think of many, as I'm sure you can.  hug 

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:38 pm

It's better than it was, at least. tongue I think I'm going to give future pets a miss for a while though and just focus on my stickies happy Not worth the upset if it doesn't work out!

hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Some cute little critters need very little space. I see many adorable little things in PAH every time I go there to buy Kuchar his food. I can't recall all their species - I have to close my eyes to prevent temptation!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next