All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody dogs!

+2
LyndaW
Shisa
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bloody dogs! - Page 2 Empty Bloody dogs!

Post by Shisa Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Spike, Axel and Lequita disappeared earlier. Gone without a trace. I called and called for about 10 minutes before finally spotting them at the top of my far field.
Axel knew he was in **** so ran away even further but when he saw Spike and Lequita were heading my way he turned and followed them.
Thank God for good recall! as they were probably 1.5km away.
I think it's the first time they've had smacked bums although it hurt me more. I chased and smacked their butts all the way home.

They're crashed out and my wrist is sore.

Another thank you to the Allmighty as the farmer moved all the cattle and sheep out from my fields a few days ago.

I don't know what they saw that made them climb through the fence and go off.

I nearly had 2 heart attacks and only 1 from exertion.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Bloody dogs! - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloody dogs!

Post by tracyp Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Snakes??! Dont start me!  I crack it if my OH dosent keep the edges short, grass mowed.

Hello!! Tigers or red bellies.......
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Shisa wrote:If they weren't such shits I could use the money for nicer things. They're on a treat diet that's for sure... the 3 bad dogs.

Awww, you're a hard task master! laughing 

tracyp wrote:Snakes??! Dont start me!  I crack it if my OH dosent keep the edges short, grass mowed.

*shivers uncontrollably* If I saw one of those I'd run screaming all the way to the airport! shocked 
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Shisa, can I ask something? If this is a recent "Great Escape" stunt by the same three dogs, and none of your many dogs have done it before, could it be possible that they have formed a little clique between them and one of them (and I'm thinking Lequita here I'm afraid) is the ring leader of this little escape committee?

Please forgive me for making presumptions, but as they did it again today the thought crossed my mind and I had to spill it.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 pm

No you are completely correct Lynda but the ringleader is whomever thinks of something naughty they can get into. They take turns. Usually it's harmless like digging or stealing my firewood and chasing the one with a piece and chewing on it.
This is a problem with a pack of young, highly intelligent dogs. I've upped their training time and am now starting to push them to work properly.
Playtime is over.

And Australia is full of things wanting to murder you. You guys have it a lot worse than we do.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Over here, it's just the humans who want to murder us! tongue

Probably to be expected, with a group of young, fit and active dogs. The extra training should exhaust help them though! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:23 am

Sadly, yes, many things here are deadly. All good.... we learn to live together. Snakes are nothing a strong shovel cant decapitate.  shocked 
Sorry...but its a fact.

How about a tread mill for them? Jess is forever stealing wood to make kindling. Wear them out till they have no energy for mischief.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:43 am

tracyp wrote:Snakes??! Dont start me!  I crack it if my OH dosent keep the edges short, grass mowed.

*shivers uncontrollably* If I saw one of those I'd run screaming all the way to the airport! shocked [/quote]

Hahahaha..... your funny!
Red belly black snakes are actually quite beautiful. Sleek, Jet black with a brilliant red underbelly. Beautifully built by mother nature herself. Magnificent creature.

They just happen to be deadly. covering eyes 
Google red belly black snake... images, they are beautiful. love 

Rather them than our spiders. Least I can find a snake. Red back's. (spiders)....shocked arghhhhh. I hate the little bastards!!!

Con!!!!.... we gotta bomb the house again!!! I dont care if they're in the yard! I aint having them inside!!!!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:33 am

Eleanor wrote:Over here, it's just the humans who want to murder us! tongue

Ive seen! I prefer mother nature. Naughty boys..... damn... id drop them before my OH, ... not acceptable behavior.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:24 am

tracyp wrote:How about a tread mill for them? Jess is forever stealing wood to make kindling. Wear them out till they have no energy for mischief.

Tracy - they run the whole damn day. They are super fit and have cart loads of stamina. My trainer said she hasn't seen GSD's that can keep up the punishment for so long as mine do, in ages.
I am forcing them to think more now. They have to work harder for their clicks and treats, have to sit correctly, upped the time on their stays. We're not playing at Obedience anymore.
I am working myself to death with training. Takes up about 5 hours a day now.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:58 am

Look on the bright side - at least they'll keep you busy! laughing

We only have four wild species of snake in the UK: the Adder, grass snake, smooth snake and the (naturalised) Aesculapian snake. So if I ever see a snake over here, I'm in awe! laughing I love them!

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:21 am

They'll get me fitter as well - I hope.

I've read a few things on Australia's fauna and geez, there are some mean critters.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Can always rely on a dog to keep you active! tongue

I'd love to go to Australia, just to see the wildlife, but there's no way I could ever go with a dog like Dempsey. For a start, the heat would kill him. He also chases and attempts to catch any small, moving animal.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Eleanor wrote:Look on the bright side - at least they'll keep you busy! laughing

We only have four wild species of snake in the UK: the Adder, grass snake, smooth snake and the (naturalised) Aesculapian snake. So if I ever see a snake over here, I'm in awe! laughing I love them!

Only 4 snakes??? shocked  you might as well be NZ.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Shisa wrote:They'll get me fitter as well - I hope.

I've read a few things on Australia's fauna and geez, there are some mean critters.

We have some nasties but.... generally..... you'd never find them unless you know where they hide.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Eleanor wrote:Can always rely on a dog to keep you active! tongue

I'd love to go to Australia, just to see the wildlife, but there's no way I could ever go with a dog like Dempsey. For a start, the heat would kill him. He also chases and attempts to catch any small, moving animal.

Demps cannot come then.... even our river dwellers (platypus) are poisonous.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Well - back on topic - my mums landlord has a unit he will lend to me to see if it works.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Fingers crossed it helps. It sounds like a really good idea in the circumstances. A little shock is a lot better than the alternatives.

I would never have thought platypus were poisonous  shocked I couldn't cope with the spiders and insects  covering eyes 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:09 pm

Good luck Shisa with your anti-escape deterrent fencing, I really hope it works!

I had to put up anti-Kuchar-escape fencing at the end of last year for my tiny garden and it cost £600 + (including labourer, who trod all over the plants he didn't cut back altogether).

Dogs - who'd have 'em?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 pm

The Platypus is venomous, Caroline, not poisonous - not quite as bad, considering it's very unlikely that the little guys will actually use it! Even if they do, it's not life threatening to a human! happy They have a venom sack by their spurs. The males are the venomous ones, as well, not the females.

I wish we had more native snakes! I was in Heaven on my course - they had hundreds of different species!

Good on your mum's landlord, Theresa! Hope it works! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:47 am

LyndaW wrote:Good luck Shisa with your anti-escape deterrent fencing, I really hope it works!

I had to put up anti-Kuchar-escape fencing at the end of last year for my tiny garden and it cost £600 + (including labourer, who trod all over the plants he didn't cut back altogether).

Dogs - who'd have 'em?

Apparently..... fools like us! rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor 
Wouldn't swap them for the world.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 am

Caroline wrote:Fingers crossed it helps. It sounds like a really good idea in the circumstances.  A little shock is a lot better than the alternatives.

I would never have thought platypus were poisonous  shocked I couldn't cope with the spiders and insects  covering eyes 

If one stabs you.... you will end up in hospital.  wink  Sweet, beautiful, lovely to look at but..... you'll be sick as a dog if the little buggers get you.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Eleanor wrote:The Platypus is venomous, Caroline, not poisonous - not quite as bad, considering it's very unlikely that the little guys will actually use it! Even if they do, it's not life threatening to a human! happy They have a venom sack by their spurs. The males are the venomous ones, as well, not the females.

I wish we had more native snakes! I was in Heaven on my course - they had hundreds of different species!

Good on your mum's landlord, Theresa! Hope it works! happy
Ah, thank you for that happy I love learning new stuff happy

tracyp wrote:
Caroline wrote:Fingers crossed it helps. It sounds like a really good idea in the circumstances.  A little shock is a lot better than the alternatives.

If one stabs you.... you will end up in hospital.  wink  Sweet, beautiful, lovely to look at but..... you'll be sick as a dog if the little buggers get you.
They are beautiful  love
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Just to mention something about the original topic (again  tongue )...

The little feckers got out again. I can't leave them unsupervised outside anymore
 tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair tearing hair 
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh the little beggars. What a worry for you.

I hope you find a solution soon, for your own peace of mind.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Oh dear! sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next