All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic)

+2
LyndaW
Eleanor
6 posters

Go down

I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic) Empty I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic)

Post by Eleanor Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 pm

Double lined, non-pill, soft fleece. Made it right from scratch! happy Cut the fleece up, pottered about on the sewing machine, folded the ends and filled them with stuffing from one of Dempsey's old beds so that the opening stays open. It's about ten inches wide and fifteen inches long, for ultimate snuggliness! happy

I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic) Temporary_zps81fda294

I still need to sew up the gap at the top, but I've put the sewing machine away for today, so that can be done tomorrow.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic) Empty Re: I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic)

Post by LyndaW Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Very nice! Um, what about his little spines - won't they catch?  dunno 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic) Empty Re: I made a snuggle tunnel for Snuffles :D (pic)

Post by Eleanor Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks! happy

On ordinary fleece, probably. No-pill fleece is smooth though! happy Hedgehogs prefer to enter and exit tunnels head-first, so the spines are smooth. They're foraging animals, so they need places to burrow and snuggle.

I had to be careful to hide the stitching though, in case it snagged his spines!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:34 pm

looks awesome, and no Lynda hedgies need something like this to sleep in they need to be warm happy
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Good to know!  happy 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks! hug I'll probably get the one weird hedgehog who doesn't like snuggling! laughing

By the way, Ella, what did you feed yours? I'm going to be feeding cat food (good quality), but want to see if I can work out a cosmopolitan diet at some point in the future, with a mix of raw and cooked meats, fruits/veg, etc.. Don't have the freezer space or money for it right now, but hopefully it'll be something I can afford in the future! Was just wondering what sort of diet you fed yours on.

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:05 pm

I fed this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/African-Pygmy-Hedgehog-Food-/301261667183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4624983b6f

But i asked for a larger amount to save running out to soon. Lots of live insects, raw and cooked meat, fruit/veg etc etc
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I'd considered buying something similar to that online, but storage would be a problem, as I'd have to buy in bulk due to the appalling postal service around here. No point getting any of the shop stuff, as it isn't fit for a worm, IMO. Shame, as the few hedgehog foods that are actually prepared by people who know the dietary requirements of hedgies can only really be found online. sad

The live insects won't be a problem. That was the first thing I checked up on, as I wouldn't want to get an insectivore if I can't buy insects! laughing

The biscuits they use are from the cat foods I'd chosen! laughing

Aaaand just noticed they're sent by courier. sad We've had terrible problems with our couriers! Damn.

Definitely something I'm going to keep in mind. If I could get the storage space, I'd be tempted to make my own! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:46 am

I believe they enjoy snails, slugs, meal worms, even chopped cooked eggs, mince meat & crushed cat biscuits.

I'd just close the top with a little bit of hand stitching. Looks good.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:30 am

I missed the post where Snuffles was joining the pack!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am

It looks great Eleanor happy
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:50 am

tracyp wrote:I believe they enjoy snails, slugs, meal worms, even chopped cooked eggs, mince meat & crushed cat biscuits.

I'd just close the top with a little bit of hand stitching. Looks good.

I'll have to be careful if I let him into the garden. Would love to let him munch on insects/slugs, but I'd worry that somebody had used pesticides or slug pellets.  crying 

I'm lazy and terrible at hand stitching! laughing

Shisa wrote:I missed the post where Snuffles was joining the pack!

happy He'll be joining us after the move, hopefully!

Caroline wrote:It looks great Eleanor happy

Thanks! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum