All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG more dogs in a fire

+7
Caryll
Dave
Chiara
LyndaW
Eleanor
Lorraine
Hayley
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OMG more dogs in a fire - Page 2 Empty OMG more dogs in a fire

Post by Hayley Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-29300381

This broke my heart sad who the hell has 20 dogs in cages. Jesus.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

OMG more dogs in a fire - Page 2 Empty Re: OMG more dogs in a fire

Post by Eleanor Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:20 am

My money came through yesterday, so I'll be donating today. I'm really glad that so many kind-hearted people have come through for her. I know it can't replace her dogs, but at least she's not alone.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:50 am

Hayley wrote:Firstly dave, im sorry if you felt offended by my comment. You read 20 staffys in crates and you fear the worst situation, thats a lot of dogs for any one even a full time breeder and the fact that the house was burnt down lead me to believe it was gang related.

Secondly, is there any way i can donate an item? I have a pink staffy harness that is a little faded on one side from the sun.. but i never use it and would happily donate it for auction or to the owners.

Sorry Hayley , just seen this and don't worry about it I've been busy for the last couple of weeks doing what I can to help so not had time to do my normal things . My comment was a knee jerk reaction as I am helping out on the fundraising team and consider Amanda a top lady who has the breed and their welfare first and foremost in her mind . The way it was initially reported in the newspapers was very damning to anybody that didnt know her and lots of people jumped on the bandwagon of judgement  based on what the papers reported .

We spent a lot of time on the first few days of the campaign just fighting off the trolls

Here are the facts

Amanda is an excellent breeder and very very selective over who would get pups

Dogs were all crated for their own safety when unsupervised , on this occasion they had popped to the local supermarket to get the shopping and dogs food etc , Amanda would not leave the dogs alone for any great periods and usually always someone home , her son was on the property in the caravan he lives in on the site but too late when he realised what was happening.

There were 20 dogs in the house as she kept hold of all of her dogs and did not cast them away when they were no longer useful for breeding, most but not all were her own . Other owners sadly lost their own dogs in the fire

She kept back dogs from the litters she bred to show and I have personally met 3 of them , an upcoming pup, a boy with 2 cc's and a veteran

She boarded other peoples dogs when they were away on travels as she was trusted by her friends, on this occasion sadly 1 perished in the fire

She also boarded dogs from oversees that were in the UK campaigning for Champion status, again another perished in the fire

She would support local rescue efforts and on many occasions take in waifs and strays until they could be found a space in shelter or foster

They live almost on the beach in Hornsea and would regularly be seen exercising the pack  , the people of Hornsea have their own fundraising effort going on which just goes to show the respect they have in their own area

To say she is devastated is vey much an understatement

Owners and Organisations from all over the world have given to the cause and it really is heart warming to see the breed community stick together in such a way with many efforts and events going on , donations from breed clubs across the world , people giving up their most valued possessions for auction organising events  ( such as a massive international online dog show open to all registered dogs ) , their time and anything else they can do

To date we have now raised over 20,000 from paypal gifts , auctions , events and gifts direct by cheque to Amanda  which is phenomenal for a short time
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:25 am

Just reading that has brought tears to my eyes. sad I really can't imagine what she must be going through. Later on, mum and I will be donating money to put together for the dog portraits one.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 am

Thank you for that, Dave - brought tears to my eyes.

The more I read about Amanda, the more tragic the whole thing becomes. It always seems to be the good that suffer.

I truly hope that she can, with the help of the world wide community, gather together the shreds of her life and start again.

Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:15 pm

I wouldnt have give up all my spare time for the last 2 weeks if it wasnt a worthy cause , I will be bucket rattling at the next few shows to come
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 pm

We've just ordered two pictures from the Art for Amanda page. Worth every penny!

And you're doing a great job, Dave. happy

Re: your PM earlier - I don't know if you've seen my reply, but it's all fine! You can go right ahead and put the stuff up on the forum! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 pm

just read it thanks Eleanor happy
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:22 pm

hug
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Dave wrote:I wouldnt have give up all my spare time for the last 2 weeks if it wasnt a worthy cause , I will be bucket rattling at the next few shows to come

hug hug hug
As I would too.
I hope she, her family & her friends are ok & can get through this in the future as this will take time to heal & rebuild lives.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:22 am

Sorry Dave meant to comment the other day but just been caught up with Harv but hope she is holding up well and rip to all the little ones x
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2