All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost finished my first assignment

5 posters

Go down

Almost finished my first assignment  Empty Almost finished my first assignment

Post by Eleanor Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 am

dance dance dance dance bounce

Taking a quick break to sort out my rumbling tummy. tongue I've really enjoyed doing all of the research and sourcing. We have access to all of these amazing journals and I've learned a huge amount, just by sifting through for information!

Yippee! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Almost finished my first assignment  Empty Re: Almost finished my first assignment

Post by Shisa Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Glad you're enjoying it so much. thumbs up
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Almost finished my first assignment  Empty Re: Almost finished my first assignment

Post by Eleanor Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks happy It was on my favourite subject as well - wolves!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:27 pm

I also love wolves. It's one of my biggest wishes to hear a Timber wolf howl to the moon, in the wild.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:29 pm

thumbs up Brilliant! Sounds like an interesting assignment happy
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Oh, I'd love to hear them howling! They're one of the most beautiful animals on the planet and I love everything about them. love

On a slightly different, but slightly related note: I've also wanted to go to Kruger National Park for aaaages. I thought I'd finally be able to go next year as part of my course, but I can't afford it. broken heart broken heart broken heart crying I was so disappointed when I saw the price a couple of days ago. It's £2200, which is probably a decent price, but still... sad

Very interesting assignment! happy It's all submitted and done now!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Kruger is fabulous but not the same as it was.
What do you need to do for your course?
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:17 pm

It sounds amazing love

We do anatomy, physiology, behaviour, welfare, field ecology, health and disease, genetics, breed development, large animal husbandry, small animal husbandry, as well as sciences (Biology and Chemistry). It's a science-based course, so that makes quite a strong appearance in all of the subjects. There's also a considerable amount of required work experience in the animal industry, which needs to be completed independently in order to gain the qualification.

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:35 am

Like I said - Kruger is not what it was. It's so commercial and badly run. It's all about the money now. I don't know how good an educational experience you'll get there.
I do think the Garden Route Game Lodge, that's near me, has a program. I know they have volunteers working there.
If you want to check it out, you would be welcome to stay with me. That should cut some cost.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:26 pm

I was just about to suggest volunteer programs.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Only a small part of the trip is spent in Kruger NP - most of it is spent taking part in stuff that would really be beneficial to my course. sad There's also the problem of timing - outside of the slot allocated for the trip, I barely have any time off to go at any other time. It's really lovely of you to offer, though hug I really do appreciate it!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:17 am

tongue

Just be careful in that part of S.A
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:40 am

I definitely wouldn't wander off alone! tongue I'd be too scared of getting lost anyway!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 am

If you do decide to go I'll give you a whole extra lesson on South Africa and how they prey on the innocent 'Foreigners' laughing
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am

laughing That'd be very much appreciated!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:04 am

You sound very happy Eleanor , great stuff happy
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:21 am

I am indeedy! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down