All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question on behalf of a friend.

+2
Caryll
tracyp
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A question on behalf of a friend. - Page 2 Empty A question on behalf of a friend.

Post by tracyp Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:12 am

First topic message reminder :

My friends lost their beloved bull terrier "Spok" a couple of months ago. Everyone in the house is missing him terribly. Especially dad. Spok was his 1st dog & he is at the point of sadness, loneliness of... it's a bullie! Don't care the probs, can't hear you. I'll take it. broken heart

They found a breeder who is looking to retire a 4yr old bitch. There would be no charge to take her but there would be a contract to pay for her to be spayed before they could take her.

My friend likes the pic of her. He misses his bullie baby Spok. But this bitch is far away & the breeder says her teeth are not good. My friend emailed the breeder asking if he took her, how much would a male pup be aswell. He'd like 2 dogs as Spok was "an only child".

He likes this scenario as he would have a dog to walk the next day with a puppy to bond & raise. But its mum that would be doing the puppy training. She has no problem with that.

Spok was not exposed to many other dogs nor species as he grew up & she realizes her mistake so she said.... if we get a pup... can we hangout with your dogs, chooks, cat & fish?  rolling on floor Cause you can! You bring the pup, wine, cheese & biscuits, I'll provide the animal assortment for socialization an disinfectant for those pesty little accidents.  rolling on floor  rolling on floor  rolling on floor

Anyway.... i digress yet again.

The breeder replied.... NO! Not a good idea! You should get a pup not genetically connected to her! (Now keep in mind she would be desexed so no chance of inter breeding.) The breeder seemed concerned about a mother & son living day to day together.

Now, why would she say that?

In my experience, bitches are kinder to their own than another unless the bitch has issues! I am also told that if no one wants the dog it will be PTS. Which is also waying heavily on Spok's dad's mind. (That point is killing him.)

My friends are very happy to travel 4hrs to meet the bitch with their kids (teens) in tow to meet her, evaluate her temperament, how she reacts with her current owners, their teens, themselves etc. The breeder would like to confirm the "sale" via email.

My friend rang to ask me my thoughts, I gave them.

After an hour discussion of us both agreeing, her hubbies heart strings still breaking, I suggested I'd post this situation for her to consider what everyone thinks, experiences, thoughts & tell her others opinions.

Any thoughts will be very welcome for her to think about & pose to her hubby.

Thanks guys. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

A question on behalf of a friend. - Page 2 Empty Re: A question on behalf of a friend.

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:49 pm

It is hard! hug I want to save this bitch myself, & I am not feeling the pain of loss.
But I have misinformed you.... I have been told today they "asked" for a pic of her near 3 wks ago. I thought they "liked" the her pic! Seems they said, "they would like a pic of her" it has still not been sent! shocked "dad" has given 1 more wk for her to respond with the pic (which will actually be a month since he asked) then he has said he will not continue.

Far more amicable/tolerant than I would be to be honest!

I am 80% they will not be taking her, but I am 100% it will add to the weight on all their hearts. The mum is a strong woman but a child or dog in need...... she is trying to be the one that weighs everything. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

A question on behalf of a friend. - Page 2 Empty Re: A question on behalf of a friend.

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm

Eleanor wrote:I agree, 11 is a good age! I don't think he did anything wrong. From what you've said, Spok was a very happy, well-cared-for little guy.

Maybe Spok's dad just needs a little time to grieve. sad

Re reading...

Yeah he does.
Spok was so happy its ridiculous! If I could reincarnate as a dog in their house I'd be extatic ... chicken, rice, vegies, oh a steak...Cheers! Yes, I do like fresh caught snapper! Could you do it on the bbq stuffed with tomatoe? happy  Hugs, pats, walkies, kisses, ohhhh bottom scratches, can you scratch behind me ears & I like the bridge of my nose done....Don't forget under my chin...... I could sleep in their bed, play with the kids... walks... warm baths because I don't like cold water...people moving seats so I get my favorite spot... humans getting up on call so I can go out....need I go on? rolling on floor  rolling on floor  rolling on floor

Everyone misses him. I think I miss him as much as thoses who lived with him. A trully beautiful boy I miss jumping on me, squishing my guts, cuddles!!! digging on my leg & licking my face! Him doing circles trying to attack his tail, the look he gave at our bbqs. The excitement when he heard his collar in the morn. The way he flung himself at his teens. How he sat with mum at night. So many memories.... he too like so many was a beautiful soul.

R.I.P babe, XXX .

There will be another doggie to play in the house but "YOUR" memory with be with us all forever. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:36 pm

How are they doing?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:01 pm

They are doing ok Eleanor. Thanks for asking & caring. hug
Still sad, but getting by & dealing with Spok being gone much better.

They still do not have a pic of her which makes me very suspicious of the breeder. But they are dealing with his absence & thinking about why this lady has not been forthcoming with a pic.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:51 pm

hug

I'm glad they're coping okay. And yes, it is quite suspicious, isn't it?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm so glad to hear that your friends are at last managing to cope with the reality that Spok has gone where all good dogs go. They'll never forget him, but the pain will become bearable - promise!

I'm sorry to hear that they are still pursuing the idea of this ex-breeding bitch with the bad teeth. There are many robust people who could take her and her problems on, sight unseen, but I honestly don't think that your friends are the people for this poor dog.

Imho, once they have finally come to terms with the reality that they will never get a clone Spok, if they still have a dog-shaped hole in their lives, they should get a puppy. A whole clean sheet, a new little loving and confiding new life (what's not to love?)
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2