All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jess is aging. Things are changing.

+4
LyndaW
Caryll
Eleanor
tracyp
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jess is aging. Things are changing. - Page 2 Empty Jess is aging. Things are changing.

Post by tracyp Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Jess is aging. Things are changing. - Page 2 IMG_20140305_132254_192
(Old pic. Last summer)
She is 11.5 now.

She has, since a puppy, ALWAYS gotten up the min my feet hit the floor (she never missed a beat) & it makes no difference if we are in the lounge at night when I go to bed or in the bedroom in the morn when I get up. No matter the time nor place.. at friend's houses she is my shadow, dogs playing.. she comes with me... she always goes around me to heal/trott/follow on my left no matter what is going on!

She is now not getting up when I do. (that is not Jessup)shocked  if I get up & she dosent realise, she comes out barking in guard mode till she sees me, then in happy mode that she's found me. "Come Jess, I'm here babe."hug (she actually gets very stressed if she wakes & doesn't see me.) I have taken to rubbing her face & legs saying...."bed time" or "morn jess", before I leave the room. She is a true mummy's girl! If I leave for 15 mins to go up the street, it's as if I had been gone for days when I return. She jumps, barks & chews on my chin in sheer excitement.

My OH has noticed the changes in hr. He asked... "Whats with Jess? awhile ago.

He spoke to me today about getting a dobe, rottie, great dane or mastiff when she goes.

I would have any of the above, & I know he was testing the waters, but....

I am so annoyed he would broach the subject, though I know it was well intentioned. My girl IS HERE! & I plan to keep her here for as long as I can! I do not want to think of a pup here for now.

She may be old. She may be grey. She may be full of lumps. She may be slow. She may not be able to go on full walks or get herself in the wagon anymore without help. She may walk crooked due to arthritis & take some time to get on the couch, she may creak & groan, snore... But, she is MY GIRL, Jessup has been with me through thick & thin!

She may not be many things now but she is everything to me & replaced is not one of them!!!!!

I must say, My OH loves her dearly, he brings her carrot to her so she doesn't have to get up, does anything for her, I know he meant no harm but, I am annoyed right now at his suggestion of a pup.

Rant over!

Last edited by tracyp on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Jess is aging. Things are changing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Jess is aging. Things are changing.

Post by Lorraine Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Treasure them while you can.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Jess is aging. Things are changing. - Page 2 Empty Re: Jess is aging. Things are changing.

Post by LyndaW Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Lorraine wrote:Treasure them while you can.

That's all we can do Lorraine, much as we'd like to we can't change the laws of nature.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Bless her , hope you have a good bit more time yet xxx
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:33 am

Zack wrote:I know how you feel tracyp,  Zack is now 9 which is old for a Newfie and he could never be replaced. He is such a lovable big slobbering bear of a dog and we love him so much. I pray he goes peacefully and quickly. But maybe he will prove experts wrong and live longer than they say. silhouette. Jess looks so handsome. love

It is hard. hug
We all know what will come, when is the only question. All we can do is enjoy everyday with everyone we love be you furry or not.

I pray that one day, when it's Jessups time, she just simply dosent wake up one morning.

But for now, all we can do is our best for them & just enjoy everyday we get to share their lives with us. love
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2