All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence

+3
Lorraine
Eleanor
Shisa
7 posters

Go down

The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence Empty The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence

Post by Shisa Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence Empty Re: The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:41 pm

To be honest, I don't have a problem as long as there are no associated health problems!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence Empty Re: The 7 Most Horrifying Pets We've Bred Into Existence

Post by Lorraine Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Eleanor wrote:To be honest, I don't have a problem as long as there are no associated health problems!

shocked shocked shocked

But surely to inbreed that much will inevitably cause health problems?
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Yep, which is why I don't like the inbred examples! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:05 pm

The goat is hideous. That is so wrong.

I want that pigeon though!!!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Some animals (and it seems, birds) are born with deformities, poor things. What I don't like is for the deformity, when it is to the detriment of the animal or bird, to be strived for for its novelty value.

I think the goat with no face shocked me the most.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:34 pm

I think every single one of them is horrific - some more than others.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:18 am

Yet again it's about the award and money that these animals are morphed into something 'special'.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:05 pm

'Special' or grotesque? But I suppose 'special' makes money..... sad
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:50 pm

I got to page 2 & decided not to go any further.

Deformities due to nature are no ones fault & are to be loved & cared for.
Deformities DUE TO HUMAN intervention..... sorry.... I also leave the room in disgust.

We have the ability to breed animals to progress the bred. But breeding for our own wants without a thought of the animals health, life, or comfort doesn't sit well with me.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 am

tracyp wrote: But breeding for our own wants without a thought of the animals health, life, or comfort doesn't sit well with me.

I totally agree!!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Caryll wrote:
tracyp wrote: But breeding for our own wants without a thought of the animals health, life, or comfort doesn't sit well with me.

I totally agree!!

Sad that it's a common occurence. Money vs anything = Money winning.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:48 pm

As far as I'm concerned with any animal, if the appearance doesn't hide some sort of health defect, I'm fine with it. I've not researched all of the animals on the list, but more than one of the mentioned 'horrifying' pets are actually fairly healthy. It has its fair share of unhealthy, of course, but aesthetics don't concern me unless they lead to poor health.

The Lykoi cat, the long-haired and no-haired guinea pigs, as well as the Poitue donkey - all healthy, as far as they're affected by their aesthetic mutations. Hairless breeds might need moisturising sometimes, just the same as a lot of other hairless animals.

You could argue that the Lykoi is open to health problems in the future, due to unscrupulous breeding, but 'ifs' could apply to a lot of animal breeds. They're due to be registered in a couple of years as a show cat, so the few registered breeders around aren't going to want to jeopardise their chances.

As for the Poitou, it's a pretty hardy animal. The only difference, aside from size, is that it has a thick coat, which falls into matts.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:41 pm

I can't see the necessity for breeding a hairless guinea pig or cat. I can't see the necessity of breeding a faceless goat.

Horrific.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Caryll wrote:I can't see the necessity for breeding a hairless guinea pig or cat. I can't see the necessity of breeding a faceless goat.

Horrific.

Me neither.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 am

Why breed any hairless animal? If they're going to include semi-hairless breeds, caused by a genetic mutation, why not include the hairless dogs, which are far more popular and widespread?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 am

I don't particularly like the hairless breeds of anything, really.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree! happy
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:54 am

Nah. I'm right; you're wrong! laughing As usual!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:33 am

Isn't it a shame you're so delusional?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:33 am

Sorry, I still can't hear you! You just keep mumbling! It's even showing through in your typing now! shocked
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:39 am

Caryll wrote:I don't particularly like the hairless breeds of anything, really.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree! happy

Makes 2 of us. They're just wrong!
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down