All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kuchar escaped again

+4
Hayley
Caryll
Lorraine
Shisa
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kuchar escaped again - Page 2 Empty Kuchar escaped again

Post by LyndaW Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wednesday night, and I can only just talk about it because it triggered a mega-migraine which I am only just recovering from.

Long story short - One of my son's more brain-dead "friends" left the front door wide open and Kuchar made his successful bid for freedom. This "friend" immediately boogered off never to be seen again (I hope) but I, son, and several other friends gradually roped in spent about two hours searching for a mainly black dog in the dark. He WAS found eventually and captured (the little get was still hell-bent on pursuing his exploration of North Hampshire) in an area that he didn't know and I would never have thought of for looking in.

Can anyone recommend a soft, comfortable collar that he can wear in the house that can have an ID tag attached to it, so that if and when he does it again at least some kind soul finding him can a) catch him and b) phone us?

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Kuchar escaped again - Page 2 Empty Re: Kuchar escaped again

Post by tracyp Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Yeah, I have had quite the conversation with my optometrist over this & how it starts a migrane.

I just hope lynda is ok now. I feel her pain... when they strike. I thought a bad headache was bad till I experienced a true migrane. I think I'd rather a broken arm.

Hope you are feeling better lynda. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:58 pm

It seems like a few people here have problems with migraines, so I looked through some studies on the uni database to see if there was anything there. It's probably all things you've already been told, so by all means tell me to mind my own business, but I hope it might help a bit.

Less fat in the diet - nearly all participants of the study reported having at least 40% fewer headaches. Remaining pain was 66% less severe, and the migraines were ~70% shorter.

Vitamin B2 - 60% of people who took 400 milligrams everyday found that migraine frequency halved.

Feverfew - migraines frequencies were reduced from five to three per month.

Melatonin - two thirds of participants who took this before going to bed every night said the number of migraines dropped by 50% after three months.

Butterbur remedies - 68% of participants said that the number of migraines they experienced drop by 50%.

Unfortunately, the last one is the only journal I can post here, as the others need password access. http://www.neurology.org/content/63/12/2240
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Thank you all! I'm feeling much better now hug hug hug

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down