All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My dogs are so wonderful.

5 posters

Go down

My dogs are so wonderful. Empty My dogs are so wonderful.

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:24 am

Off on our walk.... walking, healing, sitting at curbs... good puppies! Puuuurfect! Went to the park. Kids running, chasing balls, swinging, see saws, flying fox runs... We went to a quiet corner so they could play off lead without disturbing anyone.

Two young boys (about 9ish?) came running over playing "swords" with sticks....  oh jesus.... Tyson... NO, leave it! (All he saw was someone waving a stick for him to chase.)  He instantly turned deaf!  Forget it, he saw kids, fun, laughter, play, people running.... I saw his brain ticking over.... "Woo hoo!!! I'll be in that!" covering eyes He stopped, looked at me, listened, ok mum, then, looked at the kids playing & bolted to them. covering eyes

Jeeeesus!  shocked TYSON!

Next, Jess bolted after him. As I yelled... they wont hurt you! The kids & my dogs were all playing fetch the stick together as I ran to get them. One threw the stick for Tyson while the other took Jess into the bushes to find more sticks! All I could hear was... come on Jess... get that one... Tyson, run faster, come on...

They all had a ball. Con & I just stood there watching the boys instruct the dogs.  rolling on floor They have a GSD X mastiff.

Would we be here again tomorrow so they can play stick again? Yes, we come most everyday. It was sooooo lovely to see kids not afraid of dogs having so much fun chasing eachother around. Thank god neither bowled the kids over. Though I suspect the boys wouldn't have cared anyway. They were having too much fun.

What a lovely walk!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

My dogs are so wonderful. Empty Re: My dogs are so wonderful.

Post by Lorraine Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Sounds good happy
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Oh what a lovely story. Good dogs (not that we doubted that) but more surprisingly children (and parents covering eyes ) not getting hysterical at the sight of a playful dog.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:30 pm

Very sweet story. Most people would have been pooping their pants.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:02 pm

LyndaW wrote:Oh what a lovely story.  Good dogs (not that we doubted that) but more surprisingly children (and parents covering eyes ) not getting hysterical at the sight of a playful dog.

The kids were actually on their own (as is not uncommon here for 10+ kids that are not far from home.But I don't think these kids were over 10.  dunno ). But judging by their demeanor towards dogs, (they wanted them to come over & play) I think mum would have been fine. They ran to the kids in a slow bolting playful pace. The kids were as excited as my dogs! whistling

Though I do always like people, their dogs & my dogs to both meet & play.... I do like it to be alittle more under my control than that was.

They have never done that before & I think it was a direct result of the kids lack of fear & excitement as they did stop, turn, listen, hesitate.... but those 2 boys were just too enticing! laughing
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:34 pm

I understand where you're coming from Tracy (I think). In my own experience, there a few things more embarrassing than calling your excited dog to come back, and he's gone deaf tearing hair

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:19 am

So true! covering eyes

That was the 1st time they ever decided someone else was where they wanted to go & choose not to listen. I'm praying they don't develop a habit of it so the next couple of walks have been quite strick (even when off lead).

ie. A path seperates the playground from the dogs run area. Mine are allowed off lead in the dog zone only or the path. They are not allowed to step foot on the grass on the playground side. Last couple of walks off lead they are now not allowed on the path. They both know to sit at the bridge and are not allowed to cross it till their leads are on as it is not far from the street & they are well aware they may not leave the park unless on lead.

So far, so good, even with the kids playing. (Fingers crossed). whistling
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:34 am

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down