All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jack Russell Terrier saves family from grizzly bear

2 posters

Go down

Jack Russell Terrier saves family from grizzly bear Empty Jack Russell Terrier saves family from grizzly bear

Post by Eleanor Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:36 am

http://time.com/3992959/grizzly-bear-dog-canada/

How big was that window? shocked Pretty sure I couldn't fit a grizzly bear through my window! Yikes!

Out of curiosity, how would you guys have reacted to this? I find the idea of shooting and killing the bear completely abhorrent, but it's very easy for me to say that, considering I'm safe and sound in my own home in the UK. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to lock yourself in a safe room and phone the Fish and Game Department if there's a grizzly on your property.

There's another article that I read about this, but I didn't include it in this post, as there's a particularly graphic image of the dead bear. It says the conservation officers didn't arrive until hours later, so it doesn't sound like they phoned them immediately.

I'd hate to be in a situation like that.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Jack Russell Terrier saves family from grizzly bear Empty Re: Jack Russell Terrier saves family from grizzly bear

Post by Caryll Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:17 am

I think you'd have to think of your family's safety first. If there was a secure room everyone could get to without any chance of injury then fine, but I couldn't say for sure that I would take the chance.

But then, as Eleanor says, I'm in the UK, so no guns & no grizzly bears!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down