All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman attacked by dog, after the dog bit her young niece

Go down

Woman attacked by dog, after the dog bit her young niece Empty Woman attacked by dog, after the dog bit her young niece

Post by Eleanor Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:07 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/stephen-littler-dog-bite-court-9885326

I can only go by what the article says, but this seems quite black-and-white to me. The owner of the dog is at fault. First of all, why on Earth would he allow a small child to answer the door? Secondly, why was this small child allowed to answer the door when a large dog had direct access to the front door, allowing him to escape? Thirdly, why was the dog unaccompanied in a public place? I understand that sometimes dogs can escape, but in that case, the owner should take full responsibility for anything that happens as a result.

What annoys me most (aside from two people being injured) is that this man has probably done a lot of damage to the reputation of GSDs. Every GSD I've ever met has been absolutely lovely, but it doesn't take much to tarnish a breed's reputation, as I'm sure anybody with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (again, lovely dogs) will know.

For whatever reason, the dog felt the need to pursue the woman. Maybe protecting his property/the little girl? Self defence if he felt threatened? I don't know, but I really don't see how the owner can excuse this. I can completely understand any dog feeling the need to protect a child from a perceived threat, but the first incident occurred outside of the home, with the dog clearly out of control and unaccompanied.

I really do hope that the woman and her niece are alright, and that this dog isn't put to sleep because of this.

Sorry for the rant! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down