All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics)

+4
Caroline
Lynne
Caryll
Eleanor
8 posters

Go down

We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics) Empty We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics)

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:54 pm

Beautiful peacock butterfly found her way into our house earlier! happy I've left her there for now, with some fruit for nectar, and will let her out once the weather warms up a bit. I think she might have been hibernating and woke up when we had a sunny spell a couple of days ago.

We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics) JPEGImage36443_zps47567440
We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics) JPEGImage36408_zpsce84d6c5
We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics) JPEGImage36380_zpse850168f
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics) Empty Re: We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics)

Post by Caryll Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Absolutely beautiful! love 

What gorgeous colours. She's welcome to stay for a couple of weeks & then she can be let out into the garden.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics) Empty Re: We've had our first lovely spring visitor in our house! (pics)

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Her name's Sapphire! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:03 pm

Nice name for a very pretty butterfly!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Let's just hope she stays pretty, i.e., Dempsey doesn't get her! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynne Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Wow amazing I love butterflies xx
Lynne
Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:10 pm

Same here! love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:13 am

Aww, she's beautiful.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:59 am

She's long gone now! tongue Didn't get many butterflies in our house this year!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 am

Beautiful.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Not seen a lot of Peacocks at all, I was saying to mum the other day! Lots of Tortoiseshells though. xxx
Amber
Amber

Names of Dogs : Poppy and Millie

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Beautiful! What lovely markings.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:52 pm

We used to get loads of Tortoiseshells and a few Peacocks, but now it's the other way around!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:25 pm

The most common butterflies around my way this year are, as ever, the Cabbage Whites - followed by Wall Browns. I have yet to see a Peacock this year, but have seen a few more Tortoiseshells than in previous years. When my buddleia comes into blossom I am hoping to get loads more butterflies ....
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Ooh, one of my favourite plants! happy

I love the Cabbage White mating dance. love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:36 pm

I like all butterflies - I won't even protect our plants over the allotment against them!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:50 pm

I must admit that if I grew brassicas I would ward off the Whites by whatever means possible.

As a child, one of my jobs was to rub off the eggs, and pick off the caterpillars. Oh the strong cabbage smell - poo! Then in to dinner, which often included boiled cabbage leaves which were riddled with holes where caterpillars had chewed them  sick .

To this day I will only eat tight, hard cabbage hearts bought from the supermarket, and then only if I have to!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:38 pm

laughing Lovely!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 am

laughing
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down