All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species

5 posters

Go down

Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species Empty Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species Empty Re: Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species

Post by Wendy Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 pm

I actually know someone (on the internet) who has one!
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species Empty Re: Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species

Post by Wendy Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:07 pm

Here he is

Dingo, assumed to have been a 'mutt', has now been proven to be a distinct species CeasarandChewbacca_zps03556783
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Is it really a full blood dingo?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:32 pm

I always assumed, with no basis for doing so, that dingoes were feral dogs from way back, gradually interbreeding to make their own "breed". I also thought they were always yellow! We live and learn.

tbh Wendy, your internet friend's dog look more like a golden Labrador cross to me ....
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:00 am

I thought that too Lynda but I have no basis to say. The guy lives in America, I have no idea how he got a Dingo.
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 am

His dog doesn't look like a dingo but that doesn't matter. They make very poor pets though. Like wolves they're not a tame animal.

If I remember correctly there is an island somewhere off Australia that has the last pure Dingo's and they police this island intensively to try and preserve the breed.
Most dingo's have been crossed with dogs somewhere.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Shisa wrote:His dog doesn't look like a dingo but that doesn't matter. They make very poor pets though. Like wolves they're not a tame animal.

If I remember correctly there is an island somewhere off Australia that has the last pure Dingo's and they police this island intensively to try and preserve the breed.
Most dingo's have been crossed with dogs somewhere.

That's very interesting. Certainly, they should be preserved as a pure breed.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I hate to see any wild animal kept as a pet - wolves, dingos, foxes etc. It isn't fair on the animal. sad 

Anyone got any pics of the dingos on that isolated island?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 am

It's Fraser Island.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_Island#Dingoes

That entry is sad and scary.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:40 am

Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Wendy Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:04 am

A very sad article. I can see them completely dying out soon  sad 
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 am

We humans are a virus that just has to destroy everything. If it's humans against anything well Goodbye Dingo!
Close the fecking island, there are other pretty views FFS!!
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 pm

sad Is curiosity really more important than the survival of a species?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down