All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat

4 posters

Go down

16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat Empty 16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat

Post by Eleanor Fri May 23, 2014 10:06 am

Warning: If you are upset by images/videos/descriptions of animal cruelty, please do not click the link. The content is very disturbing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2636409/Teenager-caught-camera-kicking-cat-repeatedly-punching-dog-banned-keeping-animals-life.html

I won't go into detail here about what he did, but his sentence consists of a lifelong animal ban and 18 months of rehabilitation. What do people think of this?

I'm all for people being given a chance to sort themselves out. I have to wonder if this rehabilitation order is going to do any difference though; this is a person who happily recorded himself severely abusing animals.

He can't be named yet, as he's 16 and the law won't allow it. With something like this, though, I daresay somebody will name him soon enough.

The dog and cat have both made full recoveries and have been rehomed.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat Empty Re: 16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat

Post by Shisa Fri May 23, 2014 10:47 am

With young people abusing animals I think it just shows the sickness in society.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat Empty Re: 16-year-old receives sentence for brutally attacking his dog and kicking a cat

Post by Eleanor Fri May 23, 2014 12:24 pm

It's a very disturbing thought. When I was 16, I'd cry if next door's cat caught a fledgling.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri May 23, 2014 1:27 pm

At 16 I was training our first Great Dane, Napoleon.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri May 23, 2014 1:55 pm

At 16, this boy has beaten animals, been given a criminal record and a lifelong ban from keeping animals.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri May 23, 2014 8:29 pm

I read this yesterday.

Inflicting physical pain on another living thing for personal gratification is probably the one thing I find abhorrent above everything else.

I agree with the life-long ban, and it may sound strange but I also agree with the 18 months rehabilitation. This boy obviously has a mental problem and it needs to be addressed.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Fri May 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Heard this on the radio , seriously hope that someone does name him and then he gets the justice he should receive , sorry but I am a firm believer eye for an eye
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri May 23, 2014 10:57 pm

I certainly hope that everyone in his neighbourhood knows who he is and doesn't let him within a mile of their animals.

Personally I would love someone to mete out the abuse on him that he caused these animals to suffer, blow for blow, and see how he likes it, but realistically this isn't going to happen.

So next best thing is for the mind doctors to do their thing and try to fix the screw in his head.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down