All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel?

+4
ella
Caryll
Hayley
Eleanor
8 posters

Go down

First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel? Empty First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel?

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 4:02 pm

http://www.itv.com/news/2014-05-28/whisper-becomes-the-first-dog-to-base-jump-off-the-eiger/

I'm not too sure about it. From the dog's reaction during and at the end of the video, I'd say it probably wasn't the best idea.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel? Empty Re: First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel?

Post by Hayley Sat May 31, 2014 6:49 pm

I think it is totally irresponsible and abusive. If they want to jump from a plane then fair enough, but do not force and animal to do it for pleasure!
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel? Empty Re: First dog to go sky diving - funny or cruel?

Post by Caryll Sat May 31, 2014 6:52 pm

Hayley wrote:I think it is totally irresponsible and abusive. If they want to jump from a plane then fair enough, but do not force and animal to do it for pleasure!

I absolutely agree! angry 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat May 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Absolutely agree with you guys!
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 7:07 pm

Trouble is, you've got the people in the comments section claiming that, "the dog wouldn't have been wagging his tail if he didn't like it!"

More like the dog was frantic and terrified, and so was seeking comfort from his owner.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat May 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Absolutely terrible. the dog was obviously distressed throughout.

Him wagging his tail and jumping up gleefully at his tormentor was clearly relief and joyfulness that he was still alive.

I hope this kind of occurrence NEVER happens again - it WAS cruel and it WAS abusive and should never have been allowed. I am furious  angry 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm

Completely agree. Poor dog, what would make someone think that was ok.
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat May 31, 2014 10:57 pm

Hmm, really not something I'm comfortable with. There just doesn't seem to be any need for it.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:48 am

LyndaW wrote:

I hope this kind of occurrence NEVER happens again - it WAS cruel and it WAS abusive and should never have been allowed.  I am furious  angry 

Yes, I agree absolutely!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:17 am

It's kind of pointless but the dog doesn't look worried.
Even when it's standing on that precipice it's not cowering or tail tucked. To each their own.

Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 am

If is was stressed I would expect its tail to be tucked between its legs, but not something I'd ever ask a dog to partake in.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 am

It just isn't something I'd want to take a chance with.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:35 pm

At least he's sharing his life with his best friend.
I don't condone taking your dog basejumping but he did take precautions strapping the dog in properly, having a well fitted harnass for the abseiling and the (lol) goggles.
As I said to each their own.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Thats true. Many dogs skateboard, surf etc with their owner, &some really enjoy it.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:50 pm

That's fair enough! Tbh, I was curious to know how different people would view it. Like I said in the original post, it's really not something I'm sure about. It didn't look to me like the dog was entirely happy, but there's only so much you can get from a quick video clip.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:03 pm

It is a short clip. I've looked at it a few times and all I'll say for sure is the dog isn't fighting to escape or cowering pulling it's head into the pack. I would never do it.
Also they parachute and hoist Special forces/Army dogs into war zones so...
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm not sure that it's physically able to, but I don't think we'll ever know, unless wider footage is shown.

The good thing about Special Force dogs is that they're gradually trained for that type of work.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down