All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attack on Jessie

+3
Shisa
Eleanor
tracyp
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Attack on Jessie - Page 2 Empty Re: Attack on Jessie

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Shisa wrote:Brings us back to the .... my dog is friendly argument.

Last time I heard that, jess & I were attacked. Doubt I'll ever believe an owners remark again!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:10 am

A dog bite is like getting assaulted. You're basically a victim of violence.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:46 am

Yes, and it affects you the same way as if someone had actually hit you. Nasty.
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Thank you everyone love 

Jess has actually healed very well & bar her leg her fur has nearly grown back now. She was at the vets a couple of wks ago for her cartrophen & (hes a jessup lover) he was very happy with how shes going.

I know the dogs are gone & im being foolish but I also see her watching furiously as we walk through the park so now I take her up to another area for a run.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:24 pm

hug You're not being foolish. Fear is a natural emotion which keeps us alive!

I'm glad to hear she's recovered well!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Yes it is, but I am aware that those dogs are gone forever &though jess' watching is rational, mine is not.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Fear is often caused by remembering something that caused you harm, rather than there being a direct threat. It's a natural defensive mechanism to prevent it from happening again, so don't think you're being silly! happy It's perfectly natural to be scared afterwards.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:08 pm

Eleanor... can you move all the dog attack posts to a separate post? This is supposed to be about the Demps cooling his goolies in the grass! wink 

Sorry I hijacked it!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Attack on Jessie - Page 2 Empty Attack on Jessie

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:29 pm

I can if you want, but it honestly isn't a problem! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Cheers eleanor.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:29 pm

thumbs up 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 am

tracyp wrote:Thank you everyone love 

Jess has actually healed very well & bar her leg her fur has nearly grown back now. She was at the vets a couple of wks ago for her cartrophen & (hes a jessup lover) he was very happy with how shes going.

I know the dogs are gone & im being foolish but I also see her watching furiously as we walk through the park so now I take her up to another area for a run.

Glad she is healing well. When my two have had fights, they are my dogs, I know I can separate them, but I know the damage they could do to each other it can be scary and thats a situation I have control over so to be wary outside after being through an attack such a short time ago isn't foolish at all. It will just take time for you both to feel settled again  hug
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:13 am

I think we forget the violence our loveable, cuddly pets are capable of and once you really see it, you can never forget it. It sits there in the back of your mind.
Be it your dog attacking or being being attacked.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 am

Caroline wrote:
tracyp wrote:Thank you everyone love 

Glad she is healing well. When my two have had fights, they are my dogs, I know I can separate them, but I know the damage they could do to each other it can be scary and thats a situation I have control over so to be wary outside after being through an attack such a short time ago isn't foolish at all. It will just take time for you both to feel settled again  hug

It does take time. Im just p1ssed off as I have spent so many yrs training her to be gentle with everything since day one... people or animals, new born or grown of any size or breed. She did exactly as told till bitten & even then, she only snapped at them & didnt attack back. Just enough to say... back off! I can bite too!

I suppose I am really annoyed that her faith in everyone/thing was taken. She never used to watched in the park, or cared if someone walked by the house but now.....dont even walk on the other side of the road!

She is still the same gentle girl with doggies that come to the house (invite in) &goes to play with her doggie friends but... I walk them separately now. I see what shes doing & theres now way id walk them together now as it would be a blood bath by tyson if someone went jess or I. He is also taught gentle but.... I am under no illusions if he feels someone is threatened. &I have a broken security door to back that up.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:55 am

Her faith in everyone meaning... I couldnt stop her being bitten. I know... she loves me to bits, shes always followed my around like a bad smell that wont go away, & she tried to stop them biting me but... that is not her job in my eyes! I told her not to...It is my job to defend her!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 am

Shisa wrote:I think we forget the violence our loveable, cuddly pets are capable of and once you really see it, you can never forget it. It sits there in the back of your mind.
Be it your dog attacking or being being attacked.

For me it was my child attacked infront of me. I make no beg your pardons for hitting a dog. Well i do. I felt bad for it. Something I never thought I could do, but,  I will not soon forget how mean I could bev& i didnt know! I was happy in a strange way that they werent badly hurt but I managed to scare them away.

Ive never hit a dog in anger let alone punched a dog in my life before that day! Tyson especially loves a hard bum smack, jess prefers a rough neck rub!

Rapid bum smacking of my two dosent count! They like it with kisses. happy 

Oh I had the wrong smilies!

Last edited by tracyp on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:13 am

Sorry to harp.... as if you probably cant tell.

Im just still so annoyed about the changes in her I see.
She is 11yrs & has the right to live quietly, friendly, gentle. She does not deserve to worry after all the yrs she has shown people & animals the true meaning of gentle.

This dog brings chicks that have fallen from the trees gently in her mouth to the door... places them on the dack door mat, & barks at me to come get them.

As does Tyson. & yes.... I do have pics!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:24 am

I assume she lived in a normal street and house. Noone needs three of those big dogs, esp when they have no idea about them or how to control them. They are a mans dog and need worked to the bone to keep sane. I hate working dogs as pets ><;;
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:22 am

It is a normal street house for us here, but.... far bigger than there I suspect. Block size I'd guess is 2-3 your size. Mine is just under 2000.sq. 1/2acre. We have many big or working dogs around here but...

3 malamutes are not needed anywhere if you dont train them & have control of them all.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:35 am

Tracy, Jess will come right when you do. From your posts you are vigilant, angry and tense (with 100% reason) since the incident and that will project onto your pooches. They're worried that you're worried.
Dogs get over attacks much easier than we do. Dogs can try and kill each other now and play again 10min later.
When you can let this go, Jess will be better. And trust me there's no fooling dogs by pretending to be relaxed.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:39 am

tracyp wrote:
LyndaW wrote:Please don't tear yourself up about this Tracy.  You and Jess were attacked by a "pack" of loose dogs with no owner in sight.  Even if you and Jess weren't hurt (and I hope you weren't) then at least it must have been terrifying for you both.  Of course you had to report it.  As it transpired, these dogs had already killed a cat (most probably someone else's best friend) and attacked another human - who knows, you may have saved her son from something worse than losing his pets.

You are so dead on lynda! clapping They were a pack! 

To everyone...
I am telling you this because...

As one bit her in the front... 1 went to the side & 1 went to the back!
I could not watch & defend everywhere at once!

1. I am so angry about what happened.
2. I want people to watch out so it dosent happen to your babies.
3. Dont think if you have 2 or more  they wont work together when push comes to shove.
4. If someone says they are fine with other dogs... DON'T BELIEVE IT! Move your dog away till they have them on leash! Even if yours in on leash as Jess was!

Sorry... this should be at the end. I clicked the wrong button again! Dont know what I did & dont know how to move it!

Oh I hit edit instead of quote.
Sorry.... happy 
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:50 am

hug Time will help you to calm down, which in turn should help Jessie. You could try walking down there on your own for a little while, just to clear your mind of the negative associations with it.

Also, you're obviously the person Jessie sees as her protector! happy Once she realises that you're not worried anymore, she'll probably follow suit.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:07 pm

Shisa wrote:Tracy, Jess will come right when you do. From your posts you are vigilant, angry and tense (with 100% reason) since the incident and that will project onto your pooches. They're worried that you're worried.
Dogs get over attacks much easier than we do. Dogs can try and kill each other now and play again 10min later.
When you can let this go, Jess will be better. And trust me there's no fooling dogs by pretending to be relaxed.

Yeah I know. Shes knows im watching as more than her. But I just cant stop it for now. No one will do that to her again, of that I can guarantee!!!!!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Only other thing I can think of to maybe help you relax: Think in percentages. You've walked her safely more times than not. The chances of a repeat attack is slight. You know the area and the dogs and should be able to logically at least sort your brain if not your heart.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:53 pm

Tracy, I'm so sorry that you and Jess are still suffering from this attack. You've had lots of excellent advice, Eleanor's advice that you walk without a dog in that particular place and drink in the peace that it (hopefully?) normally has is an excellent one. Then maybe take Jess there and distract her with play, games and joyfulness, or indeed in the company of a calm dog that she knows and trusts, and her anxiety about the place should fade and be replaced by happier memories.

Positive thinking is key and will run down the lead to Jess.

It'll come right!  hug 

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:40 pm

She is a beautiful girl and will get back to being herself. Walking their on your own does sound like a good idea  hug 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2