All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right... I want to know what you think?

+3
Shisa
Eleanor
tracyp
7 posters

Go down

Right... I want to know what you think?  Empty Right... I want to know what you think?

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:32 pm

She had a GSD then a schnoodle, a rescued dog, Cory was killed by a car when he ran across the road. The collar failed as she put him in his doggie seatbelt she says....(those plastic clips, I only use buckles.) No more than 5 mths ago.

So....she now has 2 dogs. A breeding pair of a poodles. Together for 5 yrs. Rescue dogs, given up as too old to make money for the owners.  shocked 

Good home, she loves them. Both are now desexed. Never trained or socialized. Lovely dogs, though, not very polite but, they play with jess & tyson often.

Anyway... the 1st one runs away (female). But knows her new home. Gets back there after crossing busy roads. shocked 

I'm annoyed with the owner... they are not trained & you've had them what??? 2mths? Don't let them off lead.!!!!  Get an extendable lead.

Yeah yeah, they're fine, they will come back (eventually)!  shocked 

Next the male bolts... also off lead again but also goes home. She finds him there hrs later.
Then the female bolts again, ( a day later) down a rabbit warren. She left her there to go to work!!!  Be buggered if I'd have gone to work! Wasnt till the next day she was found!

Ive said thrice now... dont let them off lead unless you are in a fenced area!!! Find a tennis court for them!

She offered to look after my animals (all of them) when we go away but.....

My OH cracked it!

Whats your opinion?

Last edited by tracyp on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Right... I want to know what you think?  Empty Re: Right... I want to know what you think?

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:32 pm

My opinion - I wouldn't leave my dogs in that woman's care for even a second! I can understand putting too much faith in a dog's recall, even if I think she's being stupid doing it, but leaving your dog down a rabbit warren?  straight face Inexcusable. Sod work; family comes first.

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Right... I want to know what you think?  Empty Re: Right... I want to know what you think?

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Cheers caryll. My OH & i were so annoyed. I will postpone my comments to listen to opinions....but you will be shocked as to who it was.
WELL I WAS! shocked shocked shocked 

Not a hope she'd look after my babies. &she's a nurse!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:50 pm

You have to understand your dog(s) limitations and live according to them. I can't have strange cats around or take Xan to places with cats. That is his issue. If your dogs are untrained you can't have them roaming. Keep them on your property and on leashed walks.
Unfortunately so many people are idiots and can't even think for themself nevermind a dog.
You can't decide how your dog is going to behave.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 pm

This really shocked me. She is a very intelligent woman! But my OH  did say long ago.... there's no way is she looking after the puppies! (our dogs) She's irresponsible with dogs.

Tyson is a handfull, WTH is she going to do with jess?

Yet I would hand her any child I know. Knowing full well she would do & be the best for them.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:42 pm

tracyp wrote:Cheers caryll. My OH & i were so annoyed. I will postpone my comments to listen to opinions....but you will be shocked as to who it was.
WELL I WAS! shocked shocked shocked 

Not a hope she'd look after my babies. &she's a nurse!

Wrong person! laughing The curse of having similar avatars!

I daresay she cares about her dogs very much and probably doesn't mean them any harm. I don't blame you for being shocked though!

Shisa wrote:You have to understand your dog(s) limitations and live according to them. I can't have strange cats around or take Xan to places with cats. That is his issue. If your dogs are untrained you can't have them roaming. Keep them on your property and on leashed walks.
Unfortunately so many people are idiots and can't even think for themself nevermind a dog.
You can't decide how your dog is going to behave.

I think some people just like to place too much trust in their dogs - often, it takes a bit of a scare to make them realise that it isn't safe. Hopefully, nothing bad will ever happen though!

tracyp wrote:This really shocked me. She is a very intelligent woman! But my OH  did say long ago.... there's no way is she looking after the puppies! (our dogs) She's irresponsible with dogs.

Tyson is a handfull, WTH is she going to do with jess?

Yet I would hand her any child I know. Knowing full well she would do & be the best for them.

I know what you mean. There are some people I would trust with dogs, but never with my child, and vice versa.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:31 pm

She's very lackadaisical about dogs isn't she? I'm amazed that she went off to work and left a dog lost.

So no, I wouldn't trust her with my dog either - it was a well-meant offer I'm sure, but in your place I'd be stuck as to how to turn her down politely.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Sorry eleanor. Im a shocker... I need to look at whos posting, I just see dempsey &...tongue 
Love your new avatar though! Just up date his age please & im sure to finally get it right. rolling on floor 
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 am

[quote="Eleanor"]
tracyp wrote:

I daresay she cares about her dogs very much and probably doesn't mean them any harm. I don't blame you for being shocked though!

She loves them to bits & took them both as the dogs just love ea other. I admire her as she only wanted one dog but.... cory was hit by a car as (he was an untrained rescue also.) She should have learnt the 1st time if not before!!!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:51 am

LyndaW wrote:She's very lackadaisical about dogs isn't she?  I'm amazed that she went off to work and left a dog lost.

So no, I wouldn't trust her with my dog either - it was a well-meant offer I'm sure, but in your place I'd be stuck as to how to turn her down politely.

I just said... thank you! Thats fabulous! I'll keep that in mind...but...mum likes to come up as it gives her a few days away from her hubby. happy
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:00 am

My mother dosent even let mine off lead when she puppy sits. & they both listen to her for fear of her telling them off. (She wont put up with any nonsense from a dog. Or children for that matter worried ) rolling on floor My sister & I understand my dogs fear of her. laughing 

It is my OH's sister that has the poodles. Love her to death but...

"Ring..ring...Mum... can you come stay again? We're going away for a few days. Yeah, of course Molly (Tysons mini schnauzer girlfriend) can come to. Dont worry.... leave it...ill pick up all the poop when I get home. rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:59 am

Glad you've got it sorted happy

It's a difficult situation when it's friends or family but there is no way I would want them watching my two. Lovely for her to offer but I would be worrying the whole time if she was still going to have them when I got home. I definitely wouldn't go to work if my dog was missing  shocked 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:14 pm

laughing

Glad it's all sorted out! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I don't like off lead dogs in general, no matter how well trained. So that kind of sums it up..
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:57 am

Caroline wrote:Glad you've got it sorted happy

It's a difficult situation when it's friends or family but there is no way I would want them watching my two. Lovely for her to offer but I would be worrying the whole time if she was still going to have them when I got home. I definitely wouldn't go to work if my dog was missing  shocked 

It's very difficult. She's a wonderful woman. I love her to bits. I have great respect for her, but....I'm with you...Unfortunately, theres one less person in the world to watch my fur babies.

There's no freaking way I'd leave my dog in a warren ever! I'd take a week off to get them out!

My only saving grace (thank god) is that my OH wouldnt let her animal sit or... then I'd have to fight him.

That wouldnt end well! He's 3xs my size. Would be an awful mess for me to clean. covering eyes
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 am

tracyp wrote:
That wouldnt end well! He's 3xs my size. Would be an awful mess for me to clean. covering eyes

rolling on floor rolling on floor 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:43 am

rolling on floor  We do love to rib ea other rolling on floor

Good things come in small packages you know.....  rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:14 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:36 pm

So do bombs....... laughing 
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

laughing Oh dear!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:56 pm

rolling on floor well they do!

My big sister is tiny &...
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Caryll wrote:
tracyp wrote:

rolling on floor rolling on floor 
 rolling on floor 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:41 pm

When I greet my family I kiss their chest. rolling on floor
Im kidding... but actually I do sometimes,  im 5'5? My family is just tall. My OH is both tall & wide.

There's a few reasons I call him my silver back!...
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum