All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today?

+3
LyndaW
Caroline
tracyp
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today? - Page 2 Empty WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today?

Post by tracyp Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Watching a doco on UK young people.. (Sorry if I sound old? Maybe I am?)  We do have the same probs here but.... NOT to the same degree.

Young ladies (I use the term loosely), lifting shirts to flash their cortège in public. shocked Skirts so short you can see there..... shocked theres no way they can walk, let alone sit down without showing the world what they own!.... shocked 

Young men (also i also use the words loosely, hooligans is prob more fitting. Wouldnt want to be my son. I believe in gentleman, manners, etc) hitting people...(for no reason) shocked  just out to compare a count for the night if they're are not sick or sleeping in a gutter.

Whats going on in the world???
I used to get a smack if I was insubordinate / disrespectful to the back of the head if I didnt stand on public transport for an elder!

We were taught respect!

I had fun, but this has gone too far! The stories I could tell, but never this sort of behaviour. It will come back to haunt them. They will be ashamed in the future of their behaviour.

WOULD YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER TO BEHAVE LIKE THAT??? WHAT ABOUT YOUR SON?

HOW PROUD WOULD YOU BE OF THEM?

Apologies, This was not the way I grew up & I am ashamed at the behaviour!

Right... rant over! happy

Edit: the typos are killing me. Need to proof read better.

Last edited by tracyp on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today?

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 am

I haven't read the whole thread but my 2 cents:

For me it comes down to Education. If you have some education and a drive to better yourself, you're not going to act like some idiot.
Saddest is that these days it's cool to be 'stupid' and act like a hooligan. Kids have no self respect or ambition and without those how are you going to behave?

Watch the movie Idiocracy. Although a satirical comedy it touches a very real issue.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHAT THE HELL is wrong with the youth of today?

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:03 am

I think you've touched on a key point there, Theresa: drive. A person can have all the chances in the world to better themselves, but they have to give themselves the motivation to actually do something about it.

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:55 am

Also tv shows (Jersey Shore comes to mind quickly) feed into that whole ridiculousness. These are the kids role models these days. These are the people they shape themself after.
What scares me most is that the 13 year olds of today will one day be my Doctors and Oncologists.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:57 am

Shisa wrote:
For me it comes down to Education. If you have some education and a drive to better yourself, you're not going to act like some idiot.
Saddest is that these days it's cool to be 'stupid' and act like a hooligan. Kids have no self respect or ambition and without those how are you going to behave?

thumbs up 
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2