All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!!

+2
Caryll
tracyp
6 posters

Go down

My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!! Empty My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!!

Post by tracyp Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:41 am

sigh silly  Sh!te house day... Bear with me....

Chillis breeders daughter has been trying to get hold of me all day... i signed the passport docs for her 20 mth old. Little miss Chloe.... love 
Missed one signature. (Trace... can you sign again for me?) She couldnt get me on the mob, so she came over with her step dad.... where have I been, what's wrong, she'd called me 10 times!!!!! Though they were happy to see Chilli,  happy (know known as mini Tonka) they haven't been here since we got her. They tooks some pics for mum. (Thank god now!) hug 

Not one missed call did i have. Never a sound from the ph! I restarted it. It's now completely buggered!!!!!! Won't even start up!!! The operating system seems to have crapped itself.

My contacts, diary, programs.... How will I know when to get up or be somewhere???? How will I talk to other humans? (I do have a house ph. BUT NO ONE EVER MUCH USES IT.) How will I speak to fellow humans now?????? I will be cut off from society!!!!!! shocked How can I ring you to meet for a coffee without a phone when I'm out? ..... I can't find you!

Rang Motorola... lovely lady, Couldnt have tried to have been more helpful.  shocked  Lovely woman....but... no help. Going to have to do a reset & loose all my chilli pics for the last month.

NOT HAPPY!!!!  angry 

On the lappy now & I hate it! The tablet works off the mob internet so I suppose tomorrow I will have to set up & use that hot spot on the laptop so im online again. (Need a foot stamping icon)

All my Chilli baby pics..... crying  Least con has 14 I sent to him. Mum has a few, as does my sister & my friends but...... I AIN'T HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!! crying
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!! Empty Re: My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!!

Post by Caryll Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:27 am

Nooooooo! Catastrophe! (Sorry about the pun!)

Have you gone online to see if there are any chat places that can help?
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!! Empty Re: My mobile has died! I can't live... My life is in there!!!!!!

Post by Eleanor Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:49 am

I don't know if this will help, but when I lost all the photos on my camera, I used a recovery programme. It didn't just get back the few I'd just lost - it got back every photo my camera had ever taken. If you're interested, it's called Pandora Recovery and it's free.

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 am

I do love a good pun.... wink 
I've been online all arvo. Nothing helping.
I think it's buddered. Not really sure that even a hard reset will fix it. Think I'm in for a new ph. Everything's gone IMO.
Good side, all my contacts are backed up along with some other data.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:51 am

Can it be used on mob's? I'd certainly be interested. But i cant even get access to the home screen. crying 
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 am

I'm not sure, but it's worth a try!

http://www.pandorarecovery.com/

Otherwise, do you think you could try putting the sim card into a different phone - a friend's, for instance, so that you can transfer the files?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 pm

That is not good. My sympathies. I'd also be lost without my phone.
Take it to cell shop and let them see if they can't fix it before you kill it. I save all my pics on my memory card for just this problem.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Eleanor wrote:I'm not sure, but it's worth a try!

http://www.pandorarecovery.com/

Otherwise, do you think you could try putting the sim card into a different phone - a friend's, for instance, so that you can transfer the files?
Hmmmmm? SD card fine... I have all those pics. I stupidly left the pic default file to the ph. Id been bluetoothing to the lappy at the end of the month to save space.

Thank god for photo bucket... many are saved there & the SD card has most. Just not since Chilli came to us. shocked 

For now, im using con's internet to connect.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Hopefully something can be done about it!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:50 pm

Cheers for the link.. I will look at it tomorrow morn.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:56 pm

No problem - fingers crossed happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Didnt work eleanor . Maybe because I can't access the start screen. It wont reboot even particially. 

But the good news for now. I've found my old ph, with con's sim adapter I'm back for now. I can make & receive calls, have most of my contacts, even some pics I'd forgotten.  The internet is working again so for now.... I'm happy. Will live this way for a week or so to see if motorola can fix it or, I'll get a new phone.

tearing hair I know everyone gets excited about getting a new ph, but... I hate it!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Glad there are some positives!

I've had the same phone for 8 years, until a couple of weeks ago tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 pm

tracyp wrote:
 tearing hair I know everyone gets excited about getting a new ph, but... I hate it!

I don't like changing phones, it sets my head spinning! shocked 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:08 am

I love getting a new phone. I'd get a new one every week if I could.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:31 am

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 am

I'm a shocker. I hate new ph's & it took 5yrs of people nagging for me to get a new car!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:14 am

I take it the phone's working ok?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 am

Oh dear tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes it is. I'm  running off the old ph.
I hate new ph's so much I know I will put off getting a new one till the old one dies. Hopefully in about 5 yrs.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:15 pm

laughing I don't blame you
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:15 pm

Oh no. I'm completely lost without my phone.
I try to remember to regularly save pics and things on the computer and a pen drive. I lost all my pictures, Millie's puppy pics, pics of my old cat, a couple of years ago when my computer at the time died on me  crying 
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:48 pm

I've been saving them to the lappy but the mobile died before I got all the chilli kitten pics off it. My fault. I wont make the mistake again. In future I will save them to the sd card & copy to the laptop & a memory stick. 
But those ones are now gone. crying
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't have a mobile phone that will take pics (in fact, I don't have a mobile phone at all since my son gave me a new one for my birthday and promptly appropriated it - I suspect it was a present to himself  sad )

But what photos I have are stored on my computer hard drive and the answer is of course - back up regularly. Memo to self - do a back up!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down