All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester dog home on fire

+6
Lorraine
Eleanor
Caryll
Hayley
LyndaW
ella
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Manchester dog home on fire - Page 3 Empty Manchester dog home on fire

Post by ella Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

A number of dogs confirmed dead, but seems the fire is out now

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-manchester-dogs-home-fire--7758178

Their justgiving page for any donations
https://www.justgiving.com/dogshome/
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Manchester dog home on fire - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester dog home on fire

Post by Eleanor Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Stress of having to move house, when very few landlords will accept dogs. tongue Don't worry - Dempsey isn't going anywhere without us.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 pm

hug  Phew! You had me worried!
Though I never thought Mr Demps would ever be given up, you did give me a fright!  disapprove Shame on you!

Now I can sleep knowing Dempsey is safe at home.

P.s. have you found a house? When are you all moving!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:45 pm

hug

Still a work in progress! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Hayley wrote:
tracyp wrote:I will never agree to rehoming unless the dog is taken as the owner is a moron or neglectfull to the dog, an owner that shouldn't have had a dog in the 1st place. Rehoming for the dogs welfare is very different to an owner giving up a dog.

DON'T TAKE A PUPPY/DOG HOME IF YOU CANNOT DEAL WITH IT OR ITS ISSUES!

Not one dog have we ever taken & then rehomed. Everyone I know,  lives by... you take it home...deal with whatever comes! Boo, would have been a prime candidate for rehoming! Attacking, biting, digging, chewing, he couldn't be off leash for he would bolt for miles & kill everything in his path... Instead we all adjusted to him.

I don't think I know who you are talking about on the staff site. But I do know someone gave up one dog & kept the other due to mum's allergies. What a load of sh1t!

As for doing this because he'd been bitten.
I had 3 Malamutes attack Jess & I.
I am yet to set fire to anything! angry  That is also a load of #$@/!

(I am writing on assumptions as it has not been in the news here.)

Oh! By the way.... If my 2 started fighting....
They would not be rehomed! They would be separated!
I stand by my statement.

I brought them into my house, I will ensure their happy, longevity! That is a commitment I made the day anyone of them came home.

Have to say im in your corner. But i can also understand some reasons. Its easy to say "i would never" but when it came to it...i mean if one of your dogs bit a family member what woudl you do?
Chance has bitten me badly and attempted to bite Martin in the early days and no chance would I get rid or pts. We choose to get him and I 100% stand by my decision
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 am

There are times, albeit few, when someone has to give their much loved dog up. Illness, homelessness, financial problems (although I'd eat less to feed my dog), especially if there are children involved. There are probably more valid reasons but those are just a few.

Don't tar all people who put their dogs I to rescues with the same brush.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Caryll wrote:There are times, albeit few, when someone has to give their much loved dog up. Illness, homelessness, financial problems (although I'd eat less to feed my dog), especially if there are children involved. There are probably more valid reasons but those are just a few.

Don't tar all people who put their dogs I to rescues with the same brush.

I still don't agree to rehoming 99.9% of the time unless the owner is neglectful, in one or numerous aspects, or if the owner goes into a nursing home etc.

Illness... Ok, if its a longterm or terminal illness, fair enough! IF, there is no family or friend to take them.

Homelessness.... Definitely not. Mine would be sleeping under a bridge WITH ME! All of us cuddled up under a piece of cardboard or newspaper. I am well aware that would be better to them than not being with me. After all, I am their family. I will not ever leave them! Both will open doors to get to me both quite easily & quickly! Well it's been 2 mins.... where are you? I'm in the loo!  tongue  (Somethings in life a person can do on their own unless there's a dog or two looking for you.)
We have many homeless that wouldnt dream of giving up their best mate! Dogs are also welcome at soup kitchens.

Financial issues.... you know the Salvation Army also give out dog food & vets here give up a sat morn down at the local church to help homeless peoples dogs ea month. All services free. Medicines, vacc's, desexing, worming, you name it! Whatever is needed.

I don't think there's one reason (bar the stated & implied reasons above) to surrender a dog you have made a commitment to.

If you fall on hard times tomorrow, would you adopt your child out??? Or find a way to make it through the day & stay together?

Sorry, without neglect, illness, or morons etc being part of the equation, there is always a way unless you can't be bothered.

I trully don't think there are many reasons to rehome a dog you took home!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:37 am

R.I.P to all. hug

(Sorry, you'll have to zoom. I can't seem to save just the image. So it's a screen shot as I think this is beautiful & want you all to read it.)

Manchester dog home on fire - Page 3 Screenshot_2014-09-16-09-45-20

God bless you all. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3