All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a very good day yesterday!

+3
Shisa
Caryll
Eleanor
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not a very good day yesterday! - Page 2 Empty Not a very good day yesterday!

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've settled down a lot today, but yesterday wasn't very nice.

First of all, I got to the bus stop yesterday morning to get the bus which would have gotten me to university forty minutes early. That bus never turned up, so I had to wait for the next one, which got me to university ten minutes late. The first lecture was a practical, so I also needed to get changed into my PPE and get my things into a locker. Trouble is, I usually share a locker with somebody else, so I had to text her and ask for the locker combo.

As I was walking through the village to uni, some pig of a driver swerved up onto the pavement right in front of me, so I had to shove myself back against the wall, as the pavements are really narrow, single-file pavements. Somehow, I managed to hurt my back doing this and now it hurts every time I move.

All of that was something I could just shrug off, but then I realised that, in my hurry to get onto the bus, I hadn't realised that the driver had issued me the wrong ticket, so I couldn't make the return journey. Also didn't have any money.

Stopped off at the co-op to get some money out of the ATM. My card got swallowed and the screen froze. Went inside to ask for help. The people in there were extremely rude and unhelpful. Came back outside and the screen had gone back to normal, but my card was no-where to be seen. At this point, I was stressed beyond belief, my back was killing me, I was exhausted and it was raining (typical!).

Phoned mum in tears blush and told her what had happened and luckily she told me what to do, as my mind was completely at a blank. So I walked the journey towards home, along pavement-less roads, until I came to a bus stop that I would be able to use the bus ticket on. Burst into tears again when mum and Dempsey came up to meet me after I'd gotten off the bus. blush

All sorted now, as I called the bank and got my card cancelled. I have to wait about five working days for a new one to be sent, but oh well. Could be worse!

But my back still really hurts and, to top it all off, the stomach bug I had earlier in the week has come back with a vengeance! laughing And now waiting for the doorbell to ring, as dad's expecting his bike to arrive today, and hoping that I'll be able to carry it in!

I can look back and laugh at it now, but at the time, I was in such a panic! tongue Silly me!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Not a very good day yesterday! - Page 2 Empty Re: Not a very good day yesterday!

Post by Caryll Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:35 pm

hug
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Not a very good day yesterday! - Page 2 Empty Re: Not a very good day yesterday!

Post by tracyp Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:40 am

laughing
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2