All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well

5 posters

Go down

Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well Empty Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Plumber was set to come around this morning. When he rang the doorbell, mum went down to meet him through the entrance around the back of the house. Unfortunately, the people doing work in the shop let the plumber through into our garden, trying to help. He came up the stairs and called, "Hello?"

I was in the living room with Demps, with the gate up by the door to stop him getting through. Usually, if somebody comes round to the house, mum will come upstairs first and I'll keep Demps calm. But the man's call scared him and he went racing towards the stairs. Mowed straight through the gate and confronted the plumber.

I was right behind him, so nothing would have happened, but I'm so proud of Demps' control! He was barking and growling menacingly as he ran towards him, but stopped right in front of him and turned to look at me for 'instruction'. I gently guided Demps away and talked to him calmly, and asked the man to go back down a couple of steps to the landing. This calmed Demps down a lot and allowed me to steer him into the living room.

Went back down with the man to meet mum, then dashed back up alone to bundle Demps into my bedroom. He was sitting on the sofa, reasonably relaxed, although he looked nervous and unsure - probably thought he'd done something wrong.

I usually don't let him on my snuggly, fluffy throw blanket, but decided he'd earned it. He curled up asleep underneath it and I sat next to him until the plumber had gone.

So proud of my little boy. love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well Empty Re: Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well

Post by LyndaW Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:32 pm

What a good guard dog - Gold star for Dempsey!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well Empty Re: Had an intruder earlier today, but Demps reacted very well

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 pm

I was a little worried when he launched himself off of the sofa, as I wasn't entirely sure what he would do with an 'intruder' who might have been a threat. But he waited and looked to me before he did anything other than make noise. So proud of him! love Luckily, the man also reacted very well - didn't advance or run away, but just stood still and let Dempsey assess him.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:43 pm

sounds like a great test for him with a dog wise person and he passed with flying colours
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:49 am

Dempsey did do well! Good thing the plumber didn't bolt. thumbs up
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:40 am

Very good thing the plumber didn't bolt.

Good job Dempsey!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

Such a difficult day for him yesterday, so he's decided he's going to sleep today away! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:57 am

Clever puppy laughing
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Lazy puppy tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum