All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer!

+2
Caryll
Eleanor
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Empty Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer!

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:41 pm

22°C, with bright sunshine and a slight breeze! happy 57% humidity, but oh well.

And I was told just now that it's the hottest Halloween we've had on record! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Empty Re: Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer!

Post by Caryll Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:56 pm

Beautiful day!

I can't complain about the weather - it's like summer!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Empty Re: Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer!

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:04 pm

You have still to do trick or treating then? It's only 3pm for you, isn't it? 22c is a nice day though, but it aint summer. wink
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:34 pm

It's definitely a summer temperature for us! happy We get hotter, but 20-25°C is a comfortable, breezy summer day! love

Yep, trick or treating doesn't start until tonight. Thankfully, we won't be bothered by it! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Enjoy it while it lasts disco
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:41 pm

I'm half-heartedly moaning about it. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:03 pm

Weatherwise it's been a lovely day for the last day of October and made me feel glad to be alive! (Or as Tracy might say - "wouldn't be dead for quids"!)

If ALL autumn days were like this, I wouldn't mind autumn so much!

No trick or treaters at the door yet thank goodness although I've seen the scary little tots prowling the streets.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:51 am

LyndaW wrote: (Or as Tracy might say - "wouldn't be dead for quids"!)

happy  "Hole in one babe!" thumbs up

You guy's Aussie is gett'n good! rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:22 am

I have to say it.

Throw a shrimp on the barbie! evil evil evil evil evil evil

That must annoy you as much as 'the Queen's English' imitations annoy us. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:45 am

laughing
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:02 pm

Eleanor wrote:I have to say it.

Throw a shrimp on the barbie! evil evil evil evil evil evil

That must annoy you as much as 'the Queen's English' imitations annoy us. tongue

evil It certainly does!  angry That is a Paul Hogan ad saying for enticing international visitors. Perhaps yanks call prawns, shrimp?

We never say that, ever! & he bloody well knows it! My entire life i have never heard an aussie say that unless they are taking the p1ss out of a "visitor"after his ad. Prawns, cray's go on the bbq, crab or fish, but a shrimp is never chucked on a barbie! They only go in a wok for fried rice. rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor

Sorry, but just ask any aussie here to light a bbq to cook shrimp. You won't hear.. no worries mate, you'll hear something else! covering eyes
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Well, prawns are technically shrimp anyway, but yes, America calls them shrimp! laughing

And anybody who puts shrimp on barbecues is a nutter! shocked laughing

It's the same as, "Awight, guv'na?" over here. Nobody. Says. That. Anymore.

Or Americans referring to all English people as 'British' and refusing to accept that Great Britain is made up of four entirely different countries!

And assuming that we either speak Queen's English or Dick Van Dyke Cockney rhyming slang. God, that's annoying! laughing

And yes, we drink tea sometimes, but we don't live off the stuff! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zack Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:51 pm

All I can say is its peeing down here and it's really cold, how I envy you and your lovely weather . It's 3.30 PM and we have put the lights on as it's going dark. crying
Zack
Zack

Names of Dogs : Zack

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:00 pm

laughing Poor you! The cold weather does tend to hit Scotland before it hits us, I'll admit. tongue I couldn't survive with all of the ice in the winter!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zack Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:09 pm

The only one who loves the cold is Zack. With his thick coat  he suffers in the hot weather. He loves snow tooLovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Evilsmiley_www.free-avatars.com_zpstnhpteuf
Zack
Zack

Names of Dogs : Zack

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:31 pm

Wow, that's a scary smiley! laughing

I bet the snow doesn't even melt on that lovely coat of his! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:43 pm

I can remember when you could buy shrimps here (by the pint). They were very small. Nowadays they are called "prawns" and what we called prawns in those days are now called giant prawns! "Jumbo prawns" are, I believe, from the Far East. Throw any on a barbie though and it would probably disappear through the bars!

I do love the phrase "wouldn't be dead for quids". If it's offensive though - sorreeee Tracy!

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:17 pm

How I see them:

Shrimp:
Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Thumb_600

Prawn:
Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Prawn_Cocktail_Poster_720x430px_1

happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:30 pm

First pic - yep, them's shrimps. Available anywhere under the name of "prawns".

Second pic - shrimps again in the glass. Hanging on the glass is a prawn. Depending on the establishment it might be termed giant or jumbo, or even langoustine. All delicious, but the bigger the juicier! Yum yum!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Woops, didn't see the shrimps in the second one! laughing Prawn = big guy on the side!

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Yes, love him and I'm feeling very hungry now for seafood, thanks to those pictures (drool).
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:42 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:42 am

Eleanor wrote:How I see them:

Shrimp:
Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Thumb_600

Prawn:
Lovely summer day today, even though it's not summer! Prawn_Cocktail_Poster_720x430px_1

happy

This is exactly what we call each type! thumbs up
Never to be mixed up here. Followed up next by the king prawn.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:46 am

Had the same debate twenty minutes ago with mum! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:48 am

Zack wrote:All I can say is its peeing down here and it's really cold, how I envy you and your lovely weather . It's 3.30 PM and we have put the lights on as it's going dark. crying

Its daylight here now at 8pm & its only spring! happy

Have you got a doggie pool for zack for when he's hot? I find Tyson just sits in his when he's hot. Its only shallow but cools him.

P.s. your new avatar is lovely!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next