All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him

4 posters

Go down

Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him Empty Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him Empty Re: Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him

Post by LyndaW Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:08 pm

There was a similar story to this just recently wasn't there?

Inhuman behaviour, and doesn't reflect well on the US military.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him Empty Re: Soldier's dog stolen by military, despite promises that he would be able to adopt him

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Yes, Theresa put a news article up about a police dog who had been removed from his handler after recommendations that he be retired.

I can't even begin to comprehend how this poor man must be feeling.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:07 am

Don't they understand the bond a person forms with his dog? Especially in a service situation where your life is in your dogs hands sometimes?
This pisses me off!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am

You'd think, after suffering so much for the sake of his country, he'd be given a little gratitude in the form of being able to keep his dog. Oh, but maybe that's just too much to ask. straight face
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:21 am

There's probably money involved. Someone probably paid a lot for a trained dog.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 am

Shisa wrote:There's probably money involved. Someone probably paid a lot for a trained dog.

That was what I was thinking as well! angry
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:51 pm

If I'd adopted a dog, and then found out that the dog had been promised to its old handler in a situation like this, I'd disregard my own feelings and give the dog back. As far as I'm concerned, it would also be in the dog's best interests to be with its handler.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down