All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!

4 posters

Go down

Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!  Empty Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!

Post by Eleanor Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:00 pm

I don't really celebrate either of them, but I did go out clubbing with a friend from university and her friend. Had to fend off a particularly idiotic man, about three times my age, who thought it was entirely appropriate to attempt to get underneath my dress, despite me saying, "NO!" numerous times and shoving him away. It's not like I even expressed any initial interest; I was dancing with my friends and he randomly jumped right in front of me. Bloody idiot!

Made some new friends at the pool table, though! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!  Empty Re: Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!

Post by LyndaW Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:32 pm

I wasn't going to see the New Year in, but I would have been woken up by the fireworks anyway, so I opened the front door to let the New Year in and the horrible old year out, said "Happy New Year" and "White Rabbits" and went to bed.

Here's hoping that 2015 will be wonderful for everyone!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!  Empty Re: Hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and Day!

Post by Lorraine Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:44 pm

I awoke at 23:50 from my slumber on the sofa to see the new year in, then went to bed!
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:17 am

Ooops! Only just seen this thread - sorry Eleanor, I started another one! Naughty me!

Are you over your hangover now? Hehehehe!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:26 pm

I think so. tongue It was still there yesterday, though!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:21 pm

Not sure if you're old enough Caryll to remember when New Year's Day was not a public holiday? (I suspect not).

Eleanor, believe it or not there was such a time when I was young and had similar New Year's Eve parties such as you enjoyed, AND had to be at work on time on January 1st!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:29 pm

I certainly do remember, Lynda!

As you say, parties went on most of the night & you still had to work in the morning!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:26 pm

Nah, I don't drink if I have something going on the next day! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:13 pm

Sensible - when I had to be sharp as a razor 8 hours after seeing the New Year in, I didn't drink either liar
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:25 pm

laughing Naughty!

Unfortunately, I did throw up on dad's car the morning after. That wasn't purely due to the mild hangover I had, though, as I get travel sickness. We were at the traffic lights and I asked dad if he would be able to pull over somewhere, but there wasn't anywhere to do it. So he told me to do it out the window. It was windy. worried

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down