All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence

+2
Lorraine
Eleanor
6 posters

Go down

Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence  Empty Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence  Empty Re: Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence

Post by Lorraine Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:16 pm

No surprises there, sadly.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence  Empty Re: Cesar 'The Dog Whisperer' Millan sued for negligence

Post by tracyp Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Though I'm not a fan of his methods...
if the owner couldn't pay the bills & took the dog out, then he is not responsible for the attack.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:25 am

Unfortunately some dogs are just too far gone.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:32 am

What a tricky situation. Both the owner and the DPC are to blame in my opinion. Neither acted in the best interest of the dog.

To be honest: that dog should have been PTS.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 am

Both are at fault.

I think it will come down to whether of not the owner was made fully aware of how dangerous the dog was, and what stage of training he had reached.

I don't like CM & I don't like his methods, but I get the impression that we are only hearing what the press wants us to hear.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:13 am

As always. We only hear the things that'll make us buy their product.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Found this. Gives a bit more to the story.

https://www.smartlivingnetwork.com/dog-breeds/b/gus-the-pit-bull-can-a-dog-thats-attacked-really-reform/

What I have now wondered: There are all these groups that want to rehab these 'destroyed' dogs. What about all the 'slightly scuffed' dogs that fall through the cracks every day? They're not attention grabbing enough I think.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm in complete agreement with you there, Theresa. It all seems a bit publicity-hungry, doesn't it? sad

As gory as that article is, it makes me wonder just what really happened with the dog.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:52 pm

It stinks.

Gus is clearly unbalanced. - for what reason, who knows? For once, I agree that the best course of action is for him to be pts. CM's methods can only make things worse.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:35 am

Im a fencer. It needs to be a decision per dog. And i say this purely because i know Ellas Chance is not a human friendly dog in the past, and just look how amazing he is now. With the right owner they can have a great life.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:28 am

I definitely don't think the likes of Millan should have been allowed anywhere near the dog. I notice it doesn't really mention exactly why the dog was aggressive.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Thousands of dogs that only have slight issues are killed daily in shelters. I just feel if a dog is very aggressive rather remove it and try to save one that has a almost guaranteed chance of rehabilitation.
Some behaviourists only work for the bragging rights and then accept none of the blame.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:31 pm

That last sentence just about sums up Millan, in my opinion. Although it still irritates me that he calls himself a behaviourist.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:00 am

Hayley wrote:Im a fencer. It needs to be a decision per dog. And i say this purely because i know Ellas Chance is not a human friendly dog in the past, and just look how amazing he is now. With the right owner they can have a great life.

Yes, but can you imagine what he'd have been like if CM had got hold of him? I really don't think he would have responded well to that sort of training, and some serious damage could have been caused.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down