All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions

2 posters

Go down

Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions Empty Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:18 pm

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/02/150212-dogs-human-emotion-happy-angry-animals-science/

Interesting! I think I might have posted this before, but I'm not sure.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions Empty Re: Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions

Post by Shisa Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:50 am

Just again highlights for me how stunted we humans are were it comes to senses.

Have a look at Dog Behaviour, Evolution, and Cognition - Adam Miklosi. If you can't find it I can send you the ebook.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions Empty Re: Study reveals dogs' ability to read human expressions

Post by Eleanor Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:58 am

I think that's the one we were talking about in the topic about evolution! I have a few books/ebooks on evolution and genetics. If you can get into them, they're interesting reads.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 am

I've only glanced through the above mentioned, but it's fascinating as it deals with only dogs. Not hard to understand.
I'm full on reading Animal Cognition: Evolution, Behaviour and Cognition by Wynne and Udell for my course. It's also a very easy read but deals with more animals.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down