All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicken clicker training - level three

4 posters

Go down

Chicken clicker training - level three Empty Chicken clicker training - level three

Post by Lorraine Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:47 am

I've just spent a lovely weekend training chickens again, with a super bunch of people and a very special trainer, Chirag Patel. This time we had two different tasks again. My first hen was Nicky (little devil), I had to teach her to do the weave poles (not weaving on a loom as my friend thought when I told her on the phone). It's so hard not to move your body to will the hens to do what you want them to; they pick up on every little thing!

Here's Nicky being put through her paces:

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c340QUOOIw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c340QUOOIw[/URL]

My second hen was Angel. She had to learn to peck a given colour square from three choices, even if they're being moved around, but only when given a cue of the laser pen being turned on. She learnt her colours well, but struggled a bit with withholding the peck when the laser wasn't on. The slight twist in the tale was that we weren't allowed to train our own chickens. We were given one minute to tell our partner what to do, and our partner was allowed one minute to do what we told them. At the end of the session we were assessed on how well our own chicken performed the task when we did the hen ourselves (ie a new trainer to the bird).

Here's Angel when I had my assessment:

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NRxV5rBsg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6NRxV5rBsg[/URL]
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Chicken clicker training - level three Empty Re: Chicken clicker training - level three

Post by Caryll Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 am

Brilliant! That looks so interesting!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Chicken clicker training - level three Empty Re: Chicken clicker training - level three

Post by Lorraine Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 am

It was Caryll! I learnt so much happy
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm jealous!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:24 pm

laughing It is brilliant, I have to say!
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 am

Wow, that sounds amazing! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Thanks Eleanor! happy
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum