All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs

2 posters

Go down

Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs Empty Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs

Post by Eleanor Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566371/TV-blamed-wolves-trend-Soaring-numbers-dog-breeds-including-huskies-abandoned.html

I've been saying this for a while, tbh. People watch programmes/films (Twilight and Game of Thrones, for instance) and see these lovely wolves and think, "Oh, I know! I'll get a Siberian Husky! Or an Alaskan Malamute!" Then they realise how much hard work these breeds are and dump them at a shelter. The same thing happened when 101 Dalmatians and Marley&Me came out.

It's sad that people can be so shallow and superficial when it comes to keeping animals.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs Empty Re: Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs

Post by Caryll Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 am

And it's the dogs that suffer, poor things. sad 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs Empty Re: Television being blamed for alarming rise in abandoned 'wolf' dogs

Post by Eleanor Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:50 am

The dogs who would devote their entire lives to their owners and only ask for food, shelter and comfort in return.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down