All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan

2 posters

Go down

"Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan Empty "Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:28 am

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/singapore-showbiz/dogs-are-not-aggressive--they-re-just-territorial--dog-expert-cesar-milan-055442249.html

Sorry, Cesar, but I have to disagree. This isn't at all because I dislike his methods. I just don't agree with his statement - in my opinion, not all dogs displaying aggressive behaviour are doing it due to territorial issues. I see his reasoning behind it and if he's referring to territorial aggression as anything that can be remotely linked to territory, then fine, but you just cannot simplify something as complex as canine behaviour into one root cause.

Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

"Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan Empty Re: "Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan

Post by Caryll Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 am

No, as usual I think he's missed the point, or rather doesn't want to see the point. It's a complex issue, and one that I'm hoping will be clearer for me after the lecture at Crufts on Friday.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

"Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan Empty Re: "Dogs are not aggressive, they’re just territorial," says Cesar Milan

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am

Remember to take notes!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 am

thumbs up 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 am

I find this quote worrying...

“Most of the time, dogs in the streets… there’s a pack. You need to identify the pack leader and remove that dog, and that’s it. They don’t have pack leaders, then they move.”

And I suppose they won't find another so-called pack leader to take it's place?

You need to take note of modern canine psychology, Mr Milan!!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Hmm, I noticed that. If I'm being unbiased, I did like his bit about treating dogs like dogs and not humans. Still not a fan of his general methods though. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down