All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck

2 posters

Go down

Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck Empty Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck

Post by Eleanor Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:34 pm

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/animal-cruelty-charges-laid-in-alleged-dog-dragging-case-1.1733579

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/animal-cruelty-charges-laid-in-alleged-dog-dragging-case-1.1733579 wrote:An elderly Vars-area man is facing charges of animal cruelty after allegedly dragging his German Shepherd behind a truck in East Ottawa.

Witnesses say it happened around 6 p.m. Sunday evening on Carlsbad Lane, in the east Ottawa area.

Witnesses called 911 to report the disturbing scene. They say the dog was dragged for at least half a kilometre.

The dog, a 2-year-old German Shepherd named Tyson, was put into the care of the Ottawa Humane Society.

Police have charged 72-year-old Adrien Paquette of Vars with willfully causing pain or injury to an animal, willful neglect, and uttering threats.

Tyson was treated for lacerations and bruises to his legs and paws. On Monday afternoon, Humane Society staff said he was doing much better, but appeared to be having trouble putting weight on one of his back paws.

Bruce Roney of the Ottawa Humane Society is reacting to these latest allegations of animal cruelty with shock.
"(I'm reacting) with some degree of horror frankly, just on the heels of so many cases, that we saw another case like this," he said. " I don't know what's going on."

Neighbours on Carlsbad Lane call the case disturbing.

"It's just terrible the fact that this would happen in the first place," one dog-owner on the street said.

"Some people shouldn't have animals. They just shouldn't be allowed to have them at all," said another.

Tyson will be monitored at the Humane Society for at least a week, until he is well enough to be put up for adoption.

He is expected to make a full recovery.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck Empty Re: Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck

Post by Caryll Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Poor dog!

I hope the man gets the punishment he deserves, but I doubt it'll be enough!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck Empty Re: Cruelty charges brought on man who dragged German Shepherd behind his truck

Post by Eleanor Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm

I have a feeling they'll go easy on him because of his age.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down