All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon...

5 posters

Go down

I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon... Empty I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon...

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:31 pm

I'm dying my hair to match Dempsey's neck! tongue It'll be a job for a hairdresser though, as I have very long hair and would need to buy two boxes each of bleach and dye otherwise, which is blimmin' expensive! laughing

Speaking of, Dempsey's neck still hasn't returned to its normal colour! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon... Empty Re: I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon...

Post by LyndaW Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:20 pm

I see the occasional girl or two who have either completely blue hair, or a streak of blue and I think it looks fabulous. I just know that if I was young enough to carry it off these days I'd have had it done myself. I was a terror for colouring my hair in my yoof!

Somehow I missed how Dempsey's neck turned blue - was it a collar that ran in the rain?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon... Empty Re: I think I'm going to be getting some very funny looks soon...

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:31 pm

I used to bleach and dye my hair blonde, but didn't want to do it too much in case I damaged my hair. If you'd brandished a bottle of blue dye at me a couple of years back, I'd have run for the hills. laughing Been feeling a lot different lately though and just feel like having something on the outside to match! happy

Not exactly! I'll see if I can find the thread! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:33 pm

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Thank you Eleanor - I can see why I missed it now.

Well, it's a very pretty shade, but how weird! Almost as if an acid/alkaline litmus test had been done on his white patch.

Well spring's coming so hopefully he'll soon shed his blue hairs. Or, wipe a bit of vinegar on a small blue patch and see if it negates the colour or turns him pink!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:00 pm

laughing My theory is that he's becoming a Smurf. All he needs now if a white hat.

He's been shedding for the last couple of weeks and it's improved a lot, so hopefully it'll fade soon! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Ooo that sounds good Eleanor. Pics when it's done happy I had my hair all different colours when I was younger. I would get bored with it after a few months and change it  happy x
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:20 pm

I'll probably look ridiculous, but right now I'm really not bothered! laughing It's just that feeling when you really want to do something out of character and fun. tongue

I've never been very adventurous, so this is a big step! happy Did you ever go blue?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:33 pm

I think it will look great happy
I tried blue once but I hadn't bleached my hair enough after being black so it went a sort of green and brown. Not a good look  laughing  pink or red always turned out ok but wouldn't recommend yellow. I just looked jaundiced lol
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:48 pm

Let's hope so! laughing

That's why I'm going to a hairdresser to get it done! tongue I'd probably turn mine green, as well!

Never gone yellow, but I did go blonde. Made me look really washed out. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:56 pm

laughing i loved my hair blue back in the day happy
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Ooh, question! Did you have to keep re-dyeing it to stop the colour from fading?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 pm

If blue was available when I was young enough to carry it off, I'd have done it too!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Eleanor wrote:Ooh, question! Did you have to keep re-dyeing it to stop the colour from fading?

no more then any other colour no, but it depends on the brand some are just plain crap but try the manic panic ones they are IME the BEST colours available without spending a damn fortune!
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:06 pm

A Smurf at heart, then! tongue

Thanks Ella! happy That's a relief!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:08 pm

laughing
ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:09 pm

I feel so rebellious! tongue Little lightweight me, dying my hair blue! laughing

I've decided to get a completely new style as well. Probably something with short layers so that I can backcomb happy  bounce 
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Why not go for it? You're only young once, and colours and layers will always grow out!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:13 pm

you feeling ok? wink

ella
ella

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Exactly my thoughts, Lynda! happy It'll be a fun experience! And a bit of a shock to people who know me, I should imagine! tongue

laughing Trying not to strain myself with too much rebelliousnessness. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:51 pm

If your only rebellion is your hair it's no big deal.  happy 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:56 pm

That's about as big as it'll get with me! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:02 am

Eleanor asked me what I thought her dad would say about it. I told her he'd say "Go for it".

I don't think she believed me, but that's exactly what he said yesterday! laughing 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:12 am

laughing I was shocked, as we'd not been on speaking terms for quite some time. Been a lot better in the last few days though! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down