All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing champion show dog has been found

5 posters

Go down

Missing champion show dog has been found Empty Missing champion show dog has been found

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 7:18 pm

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/2014/04/30/missing-show-dog-drake-found-st-clair-union-missouri/8530711/

With a high temperature and a lot of ticks, but he's going to be fine. happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Missing champion show dog has been found Empty Re: Missing champion show dog has been found

Post by Wendy Thu May 01, 2014 7:31 pm

I bet his owners are relieved!
Wendy
Wendy

Names of Dogs : Buster and Gus

Back to top Go down

Missing champion show dog has been found Empty Re: Missing champion show dog has been found

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 8:08 pm

And probably giving him hugs as we speak! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 pm

thumbs up 

Always nice to have a happy ending!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu May 01, 2014 8:36 pm

Wasn't it heartwarming to see that someone saw a stray dog and went to a lot of effort to catch it?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu May 01, 2014 8:50 pm

One of those lovely deeds that may seem small, but could mean the world to somebody else. happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Absolutely, Eleanor. I have in the past taken several dogs back home and made strenuous (and successful) efforts to reunite the dog with their owner.

It amazes me that people just ignore a stray dog these days. Only last week, I happened to be outside my house when the man living on the opposite side of the road to me asked me "have you lost your dog?" Thankfully I was able to answer "No, why?". "Oh well" he said "last night I was walking my dog and a Staffie who looked a lot like yours went racing past me, I've never seen a dog looking so scared". Now, what would it have taken just to knock on my door at the time and ask?
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Fri May 02, 2014 7:33 am

I'm a nightmare for strays. If i see a dog without a lead i stop and pick it up if i can lol brought a gorgeous dalmatian cross home once and she stays with me for a few hours in my room. Totally fell in love with her but her pesky owners came for her tongue
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri May 02, 2014 10:33 am

LyndaW wrote:Absolutely, Eleanor.  I have in the past taken several dogs back home and made strenuous (and successful) efforts to reunite the dog with their owner.

It amazes me that people just ignore a stray dog these days.  Only last week, I happened to be outside my house when the man living on the opposite side of the road to me asked me "have you lost your dog?"  Thankfully I was able to answer "No, why?".  "Oh well" he said "last night I was walking my dog and a Staffie who looked a lot like yours went racing past me, I've never seen a dog looking so scared".  Now, what would it have taken just to knock on my door at the time and ask?

You're right - it wouldn't have taken much effort. I wish people would be a little more thoughtful. sad

Hayley wrote:I'm a nightmare for strays. If i see a dog without a lead i stop and pick it up if i can lol brought a gorgeous dalmatian cross home once and she stays with me for a few hours in my room. Totally fell in love with her but her pesky owners came for her tongue

We've only ever taken one stray into our house, as we knew she was next door's gorgeous JRT escape artist. The owner was out and the two other JRTs were indoors, so we took her in and babysat her until her owner got back. With other dogs, we've either wandered around until the owner sees us with the dog or we've asked people nearby if they know whose dog it is. There was one puppy that got loose from a garden next to our park. Luckily, the roads weren't busy. We managed to find a neighbour who said that the puppy was always being left alone in the front garden, which only had three-foot walls, and jumped over it.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down