All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made a new best German friend today

+2
Shisa
Dave
6 posters

Go down

Made a new best German friend today  Empty Made a new best German friend today

Post by Dave Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:49 am

So a lot of you know I work for a big German company and my position means I deal with German colleagues on a regular ( daily basis )

You can't end up not chatting other than work and normally with me the conversation usually stops short at the dogs .
What Breed ?
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Oh fighting dog

The end !!

Well today was different talking of weekend plans , mentioned I have a show Sunday and my friend asked if I had some pictures of my show dog , tentatively sent some and said please don't be scared and don't believe the papers !!
She loved him , only turns out her Aunt in America is a Pit Bull lover and rescuer and she has spent a lot of time with the breed on holidays etc , and as I said in another post tonight love one love em all

Very unusual for Germans as they either tolerate the breed or speak up against them , to find an admirer is almost totally unheard off ( apart from the breeding community of course which is not that big in Germany as far as I can see as a lot of states do not allow the breed )
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Made a new best German friend today  Empty Re: Made a new best German friend today

Post by Shisa Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:57 am

That is lovely.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Made a new best German friend today  Empty Re: Made a new best German friend today

Post by Eleanor Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:32 pm

That's great to hear! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Good one!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Great story Dave!

When I worked heavily with Germans I had a Dobermann (until she died) but for some reason I never mentioned her to my German colleagues - maybe I should have!

Wishing you all the best for your show tomorrow - Rock On Tommy  thumbs up   thumbs up   thumbs up 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Thats beautiful! clapping 

BTW.... I am 1/2 german.  Most of my family is full. We all love all breeds! Its the owners we look to!

Its not the breed ever. Its the owner! & I am so glad she saw best of the staffy.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum