All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two topics in one

5 posters

Go down

Two topics in one Empty Two topics in one

Post by Hayley Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:58 am

Firstly:

Went yesterday to pick up two ponies with a friend. The mare was bred to my friends stallion 4 years ago, but the owner died before the foal was born and the land owner just kept them on the field. Down the line, she decides its time to let them have another home so my friend, being the countries miniature horse dumping ground, brought them to get them a home.

Turn up at the yard and there is a disgusting looking german shep (the back legs were about 2" long and the back was almost 45 degree angle. I said about a week ago i had never saw one like that before, well now i have and i hate them even more!) a fat lab and two ratty JRT. The owners daughter comes out and puts the dogs away but leaves the rats out. Go to the field, there is a big fat cob and a goat with the ponies - que me having to entertain a goat and a cob with a small bucket of grass while my friend attemps to catch the foal (who is 4 don't forget) who has never been handled before, so never had a halter or been out of the field.

Caught her after about 10mins and getting her cornered behind her mum, and then we had to try and walk her to the box which was up a big lane and into a yard. Took both of us literally carrying her to get her to go, then had to lift her onto the box. She wasn't TOO bad to be honest, but the rats had started going mad and were barking and nipping at the bellys and one got stood on and another got a boot in the face. We had to eventually ask the owners daughter to put them away cause she was thick in the head and just stood there watching us like a spanner.

Both are very very overweight, so mummy is off to the starvo paddock and foal is in the barn to get used to humans and halters. Shes quite flashy so with weight off will do someone for a lovely low key show pony.

Foaly didn't have a name either, so i got to name her happy her sire has a cute "apache" in his show name and as it was july 4th i called her Indy. Need a show name for her though, if anyone wants to help?

Sire: Blackertor UK Apache Sundance Kid
Dam: Lookingglass something or other (stable name ELLA)

Secondly:
Two topics in one 10446013_10203087999098335_6280144281604257693_n
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Two topics in one Empty Re: Two topics in one

Post by Eleanor Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Hate it when people can't look after their animals. sad Poor things...

Lovely pic!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:43 pm

This is indy. Just went and played with her for an hour. friends daughter had bother with her this morning and she got away and played madam. she was fine for me straight face lol

this is her:
Two topics in one 10505393_10203090535681748_5775584462079920920_n
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:07 pm

"Apache's Indyella"

She's a pretty little thing, isn't she? Beautiful pics!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Is the palomino the mum?

Both ponies look very sweet, I'm guessing one of the first things you'll be doing is worming them as it sounds as if it might not have been done before  sad 

Ref Indy's show name - maybe something along the lines of Reflections of .... Apache? Sundance?  Or maybe Mirror Image?  Blaze Away?  Independence Day?  Just off the top of my head.

Just seen Caryll's suggestion - brilliant!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:25 pm

No the pally is my mare, having a sit down while eating, cause life is so tiring lol

I was thinking "Indian Adventure"
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Thought it might be Goldie - why I asked! Such a cute picture  love 

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:28 pm

love
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:44 am

Thats so sad. Glad they have a good home now. Given time they will come around. Shame your friend couldnt take the dogs away from them. They dont sound as if they should have any animals.

BTW.... Indy is stunning!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum