All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dave

2 posters

Go down

Dave Empty Dave

Post by Caryll Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Have you ever thought about getting Jen involved in the Young Kennel Club activities?
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Dave Empty Re: Dave

Post by Dave Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Sorry just seen this Caryll , she's not interested and doesn't really come to shows any more because of her getting bored and Tommy getting distracted . Tried on several occasions to get her to have a go at handling but the most we've managed is to get her to put Tilly is some novelty classes.

That said I am not sure I would want her to be involved . We stayed later at the show last week to support a couple of friends in Junior Handling and learnt 2 things

1) Parents appear to encourage their kids to be unsportsmanlike at an early age . Apparently not illegal but a young handler in some stakes thing was showing 2 dogs in the same class with a sidekick holding the "other dog" for her thereby doubling her chances .
All the kids with the big dogs stepped forward at the end of the Junior class my mates little girl was in with her Stafford pup thereby blocking her from eye , some old dears came up after telling the parents the stewards should have done their job and made them step back

2) None of the judges doing Junior handling apparently like Staffords sad

That said in the same class there was my mates little girl handling a Stafford pup , another little slip of a girl with a Rottie Pup and another little one handling a Mastiff Pup , fantastic to see
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down