All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone.

+2
Caryll
tracyp
6 posters

Go down

Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone. Empty Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone.

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 am

I bit the bullet today. dunno 
All her shots in order, she's too young to come into season... Let's just do this, it's cold but not raining so....

I think I was having a senior moment?  My heart neary jumped out of my mouth! I have no idea why I decided to let her out today?

I just opened the door & let chilli out! No lead, just on her own. Well not really as the dogs & I followed her around the yard. She sniffed, ran, jumped, walked around the paths. Ohhh, the grass is wet....tippy toes...Tyson, look....leaves! Did you know you can jump in them? Woo hoo!  clown  Is this what you do when mum puts you out? Why have you not told me you have all these toys before?  party 
She went to climb the fence. Nooooooo! I ran, but not faster than Jessup or Tyson. As Milie (the staff nxt door went off) went off her tree, so did Tyson, barking, attacking the fence, he's a feisty little sh1t! Jessup stood up on her hind legs...(ka pow) knocked Chilli off the fence. 

She got up & bolted back into the house. 

Her 1st solo outing was definitely a learning experience for her & I.
She learnt not to go near the fence, I learnt my dogs will defend & protect her.

I am so pleased she knew exactly where to go for the security of her home. hug

Last edited by tracyp on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone. Empty Re: Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone.

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 am

She is curled up on my lap as I type & I have never been so happy to hear her purr or have her lick my hand. Home is the safest place on earth.

I think I let her out as I received her a tag a couple of days ago. Though microchipped,  there was no way I'd let her out without her name & my # around her neck.
  paw  Chilli. (Yes, her tag has a paw print on the front above her name.) Please call my mum for me, 0409 *** *** on the back. She's abit fluffy but, her purple collar, name tag & pink bell are under that  fluff.
I now have sticks, dirt & god knows what amongst my fur... mum!!! Can you fix me up? I need a sleep. sleep 

Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone. 20140730_110915

Ohhhh, what a shocking pic.
Can you believe my little baby is 4 mths old already! shocked
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone. Empty Re: Chilli's 1st day out on her Pat Malone.

Post by Caryll Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:16 am

Four months already!

It must be nerve wrecking to let a kitten outside for the first time - there's so much out there.....!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Yes. She is 4 mths now. I however have only had her 2 mths.
I have no idea what made me let her out today? But I don't believe in indoor cats, or any animal (during the day. She will be in at night to ensure she can't hunt our wildlife.)

Caryll, my heart was leaving my body the whole time I followed her.  crying My little babe is in the big wide world now. I was just so happy when frightened that she ran home as fast as she could. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:45 pm

That's good - at least she sees home as her place of safety!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:51 pm

Yes. I am so happy she does.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Do you feel a bit more relaxed? Is the collar an automatic release or have an elasticated bit in it?
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Chilli you gorgeous thing! Oh oh oh how I would love to have a cat like that  love 

I would be nerve-wracked to let a kitten out for the first time too. My daughter has cats and has moved house 9 times in as many years. She keeps them in for a few days, then lets them out. They'll come back she says, and they do! It's weird.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:12 am

Its an auto release collar. Works beautifully.  When on lead one day she freaked out, bolted, released, I was left with a lead & collar as she ran to the house.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:16 am

My 1st cat mitzy moved so many times with me. All around vic, then to nsw. I took her by plane to nsw when i moved. We lived in 4 houses there. She was a top cat! Then she flew back here with me. We nicknamed her "the moomster". "Moom". God help me... I aint moving again till I drop off the planet.

For me... I keep them inside till all kitten vaccinations are done. Security from diseases & time to learn that home is the best place ever. Time to learn there's warmth, couches, pats, brushes, someone to scratch me, play with me and dinner!

Then.... the 1st few times they go out always freaks me out with worry. & now I live on a main road. Though busy, not a thorough fair.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:21 pm

It's so exciting for them being out for the first time, but scary for us. Well done Jessup telling her not to climb the fence happy
Caroline
Caroline

Names of Dogs : Millie & Bella

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:39 pm

I was actually very proud of Jessup. It was a calculated move. But, knowing her protection of any young animal, I probably shouldn't have been surprised but.... she had egg & milk as a treat tonight.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Bless her!

She's looking prettier each time I see her!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum