All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions

+3
Caryll
LyndaW
Eleanor
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions Empty 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions

Post by Eleanor Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:28 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/02/cesar-millan-dog-whisperer-sued-for-wrongful-termination-animal-cruelty/

Hmm. I'd like to know if/how he's going to respond. I wonder if it's true.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions Empty Re: 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions

Post by LyndaW Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:50 pm

He might not be able to respond at the moment whilst he takes advice ....
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions Empty Re: 'Dog Whisperer' Cesar Millan allegedly fired employee for complaining about shocking working conditions

Post by Eleanor Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:09 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh, dear.

As you can see, I'm very sympathetic towards him. wink
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:10 pm

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by ella Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:19 am

laughing
ella
ella

Names of Dogs : harvey and chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 am

If you don't like your job - QUIT! it's as easy as that! Just don't go back.
I think this is just more attention seeking from someone that did the job for attention.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:17 am

Possibly, possibly not.

MIllan has been known in the past to have a bad temper & there have been reports of mis treatment of staff although none have ever gone to court before (as far as I know).

I'll wait on the judgement & see what else comes out in the meantime.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:07 pm

Who hasn't worked for a shitty boss? You report them to the Department of Labour or something similar.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:01 pm

Ah, but he's famous! Makes it super important! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:09 am

Exactly.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:38 am

laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:32 am

LOADSA bucks!!!!!!!!!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am

See! We're all doing it wrong. If you have a shitty boss make sure he's famous or loaded so you can get rich when you resign.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:46 am

Gasp! I'm sure nobody would be nasty enough to do that! shocked laughing

I daresay he might not be the best boss around, but to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if she was exaggerating. laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:36 am

Hmmm.... thinking

That can happen with a llama!  The buggers spit at you to. If she was a thinking human she'd of known they are not reliable animals.

As for toilet breaks... just go! I don't think he would have physically restrained her from going & he probably wasn't there most of the time.

Also, if she was experienced & others weren't..... I believe the words are teaching & delegation!

It will be interesting to see the outcome.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:22 am

Llamas can be evil! laughing I was bitten by one just last week!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 am

It happens! Maybe they got spooked? Not that I am a Millan fan but, I doubt he told the llama to trample her & it obeyed! Get in the paddock/way with some species & you are bound to need to be on guard / quick moving. You need to gauge the risk. If its too high for your abillity... Don't go in!

I do, everytime I play with chocolate.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:40 am

To be fair to the employee, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the best boss around. And she shouldn't be placed in harm's way if the activity isn't in her job description, so I can understand how she'd be a bit put out by being chased by a llama. But in that case, as Theresa said, you quit. If the working conditions are really bad, you sue. She's only gone to the tabloids because he's famous.

The llama on my course is a nightmare, even though I love her to bits. I got quite badly bitten by her a couple of years ago - the one last week was just a grumpy nip. She prefers to charge people and spit. They're extremely protective of anything else in their enclosure, except for humans, so I wouldn't blame Millan (as much as he annoys me) for that. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:18 pm

He may very well be the worst employer in the world. I have no idea?

But if you choose a job with animals that can lash out.... you assume a certain risk dealing with them when you accept the position!

The world has gone mad suing everyone for everything. If you don't like your job, boss, conditions or colleges..... just leave....

I am so sick of hearing.... I want this job but I don't feel safe...I don't like xyz. Deal with the job or move on. dunno

Animals can be unpredictable... machines can fail on you... customers can be completely wrong... need I go on?

She may have some valid complaints but I suspect money is a large factor here.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Eleanor wrote:And she shouldn't be placed in harm's way if the activity isn't in her job description, so I can understand how she'd be a bit put out by being chased by a llama.  

I worked as a gem dealer with red bellies, tigers, stone fish, blue rings, butterfly cod, red backs, funnels, etc in the building... my job was to sell gems, but I still learnt about & dealt with them. Which was NOT my job.

Sorry, but.... since I was in my 2nd job in life. " That's not my job!" has not been a favorite saying of mine. "Your job" is whatever is needed at this moment if you work for me.

Edit: tiger snakes. Not tigers.

Last edited by tracyp on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:03 pm

I've not once seriously complained about being injured by an animal. I've had a half-hearted grumble, but it's never been anything more than a joking comment. If you work anywhere near animals, you need to expect to get hurt at some point. As I always say, if you haven't been hurt at least once, you're either the luckiest person in the world or you're not doing it right.

So... Yeah. tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiara Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:59 pm

If you work with animals I reckon there is a good chance of being injured lol laugh
Chiara
Chiara

Names of Dogs : Lily, Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Yep! Although I wouldn't expect to be injured by a llama, if I was working with dogs! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:58 am

I'll have to take issue with the 'not my job' bit.

Sometimes employers ask too much of their employees. If you're paid to do a specific job, then no employer should expect you to do anything outside of your job description. Yes, sometimes an employee may do their boss a favour, but that's what it is - a favour, not a compulsory part of the job.

If she was employed to work with dogs then she should reasonably expect to NOT be working with llamas.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next