All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think?

+3
Hayley
LyndaW
Eleanor
7 posters

Go down

Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think? Empty Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think?

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think? Dogbrella-dog-umbrella1

Never mind that the image is photoshopped and there isn't actually any rain in there! laughing

What do people think of these, from any aspect?

Aesthetically, I find them amusing to look at in a picture. Practically, I don't see the need for them. Unless your dog has some strange condition by which he can't touch rain water and can't wear a coat, I just don't see the point. tongue Rain is good for dogs' coats! They're supposed to get wet! They're not like humans, who grizzle about their clothes and hair getting ruined.

I know some dogs hate the rain, but still... laughing I do wonder how many of these dogs pick up on this from their owners. Although I'm sure a lot of dogs do genuinely dislike it, I should imagine such sensitive animals can probably tell when we're uncomfortable with something like that.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think? Empty Re: Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think?

Post by LyndaW Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:09 pm

tbh, I'd like to have an adaption of this for Kuchar! Although he's not totally happy, I can take him out in a drizzle. If it's belting with rain, forget it! He just plants his paws and won't move a step. If a heavy shower comes on whilst we're out, he'll turn tail and hot-foot back to home.

It's his head and ears he can't stand getting wet - maybe I should borrow my mum's rain hood!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think? Empty Re: Umbrellas for dogs - what do you think?

Post by Hayley Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:12 pm

laughing oh dear no.
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:13 pm

I understand that, if he really hates the rain. So many people just refuse to allow their dogs to get wet, though! laughing

I'd probably have more than a giggle if I saw one in real life! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:23 pm

It's certainly true that there are less dog walkers out in the rain than if it is dry, but I suspect that is because it's a miserable experience for the human!

I mentioned it in joke, but now the monsoon season is upon us I've half a mind now to try my mum's rain hood!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 pm

laughing

I think I've mentioned before (only a couple of hundred times) that I love rain! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:36 pm

You're unique Eleanor!
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:09 am

Another word for 'crazy' happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:23 am

Eleanor wrote:Another word for 'crazy' happy

Oh, yes!

Bandit used to hate rain when it was accompanied by strong winds, but ordinary rain wasn't a problem.

My collies didn't give a hoot what the weather was like, they'd go out in anything.

So will Dempsey, unfortunately!

If I tried to use one of those umbrella things with Dempsey, he'd attack it!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:29 am

Xan would love that! He detests getting rained on.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:21 pm

laughing

Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Tommy hates being under an umbrella he doesnt like the sound of the rain hitting it , it's tha same at shows in tents when it rains hard
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Aww, bless him. I can imagine why it'd be scary!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:55 am

laughing That is ridiculous.

But, i can see some people trying it. Neither of mine cared about rain, we train in it often lately. Jess, not so much now.  She looks at me as if I am joking & just lays on the couch. Tyson is up for anything..... damn dog would want to go out even if it was hailing!
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:18 am

The only reason we have for being careful with Demps in the rain is that it can trigger his limber tail, which isn't nice for him. That's why he wears a coat if it's cold and raining; warm rain is fine.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:51 am

Xan hates rain ... and cold. He won't go out in the rain unless he can't hold anymore.
If it's started raining during training he starts biting and tugging his lead and screams. He'll break his stays to run to the car and ask to be let in.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:56 am

Isn't it strange, how even the best trained dogs can completely lose it when it rains? I wonder what it is about rain that gets to them so much!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:08 pm

With him I know it's being wet. Only thing he likes about being wet is being blow dried. He loves a hairdryer.
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Bless him! laughing

Demps hates the hairdryer. Well, he'll tolerate it, as long as it doesn't go up past his shoulders.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:10 pm

We used to train every wed night, at 7pm sharp! No matter the conditions all yr round! It could be 40c & sunshine or hailing & pitch black. No matter the elements we train our dogs to except everything thrown at them.

(now we flitter around depending on the class, time & activity)

But I must say, wind makes them all deaf. It's a bad session when it's windy. Off lead dogs do not listen when its really windy.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:17 pm

We have windy often and I have to say that handlers don't do well if it's windy. laughing
You can't hear what the command was so everyone's looking at everyone else and if someone heads in the wrong direction we all do rolling on floor
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Oh yeah! The same is true for dogs.  I remember one night at the rottie club....
Wind, rain, may as well of hailed the rain was that hard. Couldn't hear even one instruction... hand signals came into play. Some of us did a left turn, other did a right, others just kept on going into the next class in the next field!

All of us had confused dogs playing with other dogs disrupting them as they thought... now this is fun! rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:45 pm

rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor

I can see it!
Shisa
Shisa

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Funny now! But, not as funny then. laughing
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down