All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWYD?

5 posters

Go down

WWYD?  Empty WWYD?

Post by Hayley Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:29 am

SO xmas is en-route. That means the uncles new dog will be here for the day, which in previous years would not have been an issue! Billy will be fine with her (him? i can't remember) Lexi is not likely to be. She has her crate, which will be used but what if this little runt won't leave her alone. They are not very "controlling" and i usually end up taking over the pet care for the day. Should i move lexis crate to a more quiet room or keep her in the kitchen and see how she gets on?
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

WWYD?  Empty Re: WWYD?

Post by Caryll Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm

After all she's been through I'd try to avoid confrontation if at all possible, so move her crate to a quieter area - if that's possible!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:27 pm

shocked  what does WWYD mean?
I have a rule in my house... the naughty dog is removed. We have doggy parties, all are welcome but all owners know... if your dog is naughty... you remove it or confine it. That is a hard, fast rule here.

What breed is your uncles dog? I would remove his dog if
Lexi isn't happy, it's her home! Not the visitor.

But if that is not possible, lexi should have a safe & quiet place to go to.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Its a pug x border terrier. Its a nice little thing but typical non-doggy owners who don't really do anything with it just shout in an exasperated voice when it does something. I will maybe take lexi to my bedroom? Its quiet, and theres nothing she can get her teeth into. Then the cage can be left for the rat cause it will be staying the night
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Tracy: WWYD means 'What Would You Do?' happy

I'd move her crate to a quieter room, as she'll probably want a calm place to settle down. happy Even if your uncle's dog was well behaved and controllable, young dogs can still be really annoying to older ones, just from the level of excitement and energy.

I bet Lexi would appreciate your bedroom. No need for a crate - she can have your bed! happy laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Hayley wrote:Its a pug x border terrier. Its a nice little thing but typical non-doggy owners who don't really do anything with it just shout in an exasperated voice when it does something. I will maybe take lexi to my bedroom? Its quiet, and theres nothing she can get her teeth into. Then the cage can be left for the rat cause it will be staying the night

I don't mean to be rude but, I would not confine my dogs for a visiting dog. The visitor would be removed. I do not ever confine my dogs in their home. I would confine the visitor to ensure their safety. Lexi's cage is hers! She shouldn't have to smell another dog in her most personal space! Can you lock your uncles dog in your laundry with its bed?
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Eleanor wrote:Tracy: WWYD means 'What Would You Do?' happy:

off topic Cheers babe, I still can't get my head around all these txt shortcuts. I'll get there eventually. (& I'll be asking for about forever. By the time I learn them all there will be new ones.)
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:06 pm

I don't think there'd be a need a confine her; just allow her a quiet space to retreat to, should she need it. If it looks like the little dog is pestering her, you could let her into your bedroom, so that she could settle down in her crate.

laughing Does take a while to learn all of them, doesn't it?
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes it most certainly does.

Introductions on lead, socialization, training & control of the incomming dog needs to be the utmost. Your house is their home, he/she is comming into it! I have never removed any of my dogs in their own home. I have removed other dogs. But my dogs receive visitors well. If lexi is stressed, you need to secure her so neither she nor the visitor are harmed.

But I would not allow the visitor access to her cage. That is her space!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:39 pm

I'd see how it goes and who needs to go where on the day of wink
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:28 pm

Nah lexi won't tolerate it i won't even bother trying to let them meet it will just end up in it getting its head bit off, lexi will be in my room with her blanket and bed and be happy as a clam and the rat will be in its carrier at night
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:38 pm

That sounds like the best solution!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content