All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!

+2
Eleanor
Mylo14
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!  - Page 2 Empty havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!

Post by Mylo14 Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Went to the vets the other week to sort the flea issue out.

The elderly receptionist told me not to buy anything from the vets because there's an eBay page with everything exactly the same for a fraction of the price and that with the baby money is precious

Flea spray in the vets = £58
Exactly the same flea spray on eBay - £11

Kerching!!!

mrpetsuk

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=201133204883

This is the link to the spray. If you click on seller and follow you'll never lose him. Sells loads of things for a lot cheaper. I think the odd thing is equal price as vets. But majority is cheaper

Mylo14

Names of Dogs : Mylo

Back to top Go down

havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!  - Page 2 Empty Re: havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:19 pm

LyndaW wrote:To Mylo's mummy - believe me I can understand why you feel like shaving every hair off Mylo when you are in the throes of fighting fleas.  But it is not necessary, truly!

My Dobermann had the most single and closest lying coat that you could imagine (think greyhounds if you are not familiar with Dobermanns) so I thought that I wouldn't need flea treatment - where would the beggar hide?  But it happened and we were all eaten alive.

As I mentioned before, Frontline did the trick then and it's a pity that fleas seem to have gained resistance to it.  If Acclaim kills the fiends off the dog - great!  That's half (even 3/4) the battle.

As Tracy says, Advocate is easy.  Just part the hair around the withers and spine (various places) and dot it on from the vial.  (One vial a month).  The stuff soaks in through the skin and protects the dog from all sorts of nasties, not least of all fleas.

You're nearly there - don't despair!

You are spot on! (Pardon the pun.)

No need for despair for fleas mylos mum. Advocate will fix it. Then just address the fleas in the house if they have nested at the same time. Please dont resort to shaving.

Dog & house treatments will have you all smiling very soon! hug
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!  - Page 2 Empty Re: havent a clue what to name the title. But have a read!

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:22 pm

Make sure you don't use flea bombs around fish/aquatic animals, though! laughing If you have to, cover the aquariums.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Have you thought about garlic to repel the fleas?

One clove with dinner every day will do the trick, I believe.

You'll still need to address the house infestation, but it should take care of Mylo.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:15 pm

Eleanor wrote:Make sure you don't use flea bombs around fish/aquatic animals, though! laughing If you have to, cover the aquariums.

I open every cupboard in the house bar the kitchen, throw a teatowel over the tank, remove the dogs & mini dog. They say to unplug elecs etc, but I dont. & I have never had a problem. I swear by the bombs.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Fill the fish tanks with people you hate. happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:45 pm

I must also say...

This is the link I found but I use the purple one, it also covers roaches spiders etc.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:54 pm

But Con wouldn't fit in there! rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:55 pm

I'd prefer not to, tbh. None of the creepy crawlies in our house would be dangerous, unless you deliberately disturbed them, so I wouldn't want to kill them. Different in Australia, of course, but I'd sooner just leave them all be. If Demps gets fleas, he'll get treated with a spot on. If not, then he's good to go! happy
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:56 pm

Just squish him down! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:59 pm

No one just leaves them be here. I bomb to ensure both no flea infestations & to keep the critters out!

Ok  shocked .. so, you haven't seen a pic of Con? Me squish him?.... You ARE funny!
rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:21 pm

Another reason I couldn't live in Australia! laughing If living there meant killing the nasty creepies, I wouldn't be able to do it!

I'll stick with the UK! laughing Our most dangerous are ocean animals, like the Orca Whales and the seals. Jellyfish and the occasional shark, as well, but they're left to their own devices, as we don't have much surf over here to attract pesky tourists. Let's face it, if you live inland, you're not likely to come across them! And we only have a dozen or so spiders which have been recorded to bite and cause reactions. All the others just stay to themselves!

Even our probable next most dangerous animal isn't that dangerous, as it's a fox! laughing It's killed people before, but not often.

It definitely raises eyebrows when you realise that another of our dangerous animals is a damn gull! laughing Not so much of a problem inland, though it can actually be quite serious. They've killed humans and dogs before.

Other than that, all I can think of is the red deer. Our largest wild land animal, and probably the most dangerous wild mammal during rutting season.

Still, relatively safe place when it comes to wildlife! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:21 pm

And no, I haven't seen a picture! laughing Use one of those vacuum packaging things!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:34 pm

PMSL on both counts except the deer. They kick & but. sad
& I'll need a link to jumbo vacuum bags please. rolling on floor

tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Those antlers... worried I wouldn't mess with one!

laughing I'll see if I can find an extra plus size!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiara Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:15 pm

I use Advocate on the girls and the cats. I don't do it monthly just now and again, it also worms them for roundworm wink
Chiara
Chiara

Names of Dogs : Lily, Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2