All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes.

5 posters

Go down

I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes. Empty I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes.

Post by tracyp Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:40 pm

It doesn't look like a boil yet, more a blood blister on its way to being a boil.
It was quite large 2 days ago & obviously annoying her, so I drained it, it was blood but with a hint of infection. It reduced by 2/3 by the next morn but I am concerned it is not totally clear yet. I feel it will blow up again in a few days, building pressure again on her skin.

If it does we will be off to the vet but I really don't want to as she is 12yrs soon & hates strange people doing "things" to her. She "snarles" now if she is unsure or you hurt her & you're not me. (Me, she just head hugs when she wants me to stop "doing" something.) But she is not as pleasant now as when she was young.

Its much calmer for her if I do it.

I'll be watching her. Any ideas or boil remedies would be great. hug

Paw paw is what I use to draw most anything out as it will even draw out splinters in a day, but I can't bandage her toes.  She will just chew & lick everything off.
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes. Empty Re: I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes.

Post by Hayley Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Make a poltice if you can?
Hayley
Hayley

Back to top Go down

I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes. Empty Re: I want to say Jess has a boil between her toes.

Post by tracyp Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:50 am

Yeah. You just reminded me, My Oma (german grandmother) used to use a bread & milk poultice on us as kids & it worked beautifully.

Cheers for reminding me of that. thumbs up
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:07 am

Hayley, it worked! I did bread, milk & garlic. It is nearly gone. Thank you so much for reminding me of old, tried & true remedies. hug
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 am

Some of the old remedies really do work!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

I've only just seen this, sorry Tracy. I'm glad to hear that Hayley's poultice worked.

I wish I'd known this when I had my first Dobie (and I know that Jess is half Dobie). Zeta got 2 what were called inter-digital cysts, and my then vet persuaded me that they should be removed.

When my second Dobie got the same thing I had learned a bit more about inter-digital cysts and left it alone, and in a couple of weeks or so (maybe months I can't remember now) it had disappeared.

Or maybe it's not the same thing at all with Jess and it is (was) a local infection.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:44 am

I dont think it was a cyst jess had. This was soft, blood filled. Just as a blood blister you or I would get but it was bigger than a pea. But the blood colour was tainted white/creamish ever so slightly. That made me think it was a boil brewing.

Now, it's healing beautifully.

Dobes are known for getting lumps & bumps everywhere at any age. But, some vets (like our Drs) like to cut too quickly in my opinion.
As Jess is 12 in 2mths, I elect to try anything non invasive first on the proviso that it can do no harm.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:13 am

Glad she's better.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down