All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please!

4 posters

Go down

It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please! Empty It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please!

Post by tracyp Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:50 am

Ok... feb... Tyson on the 12th turns 6. Con & I on the 16th both have our b'day. (He turns much older than me.tongue ) Jess on the 5th of march is 12, Chilli is 1 on the 6th of march. Phew! I shan't even list family members that have birthdays in feb & march.

We normally do rump steak or t-bones & candles for the dogs, I think Chilli can have some sardines or tuna for her 1st birthday... but I want to do something special for Jess for her 12th.

What do you suggest?
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please! Empty Re: It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please!

Post by Caryll Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:19 pm

What about a nice Tuna Cake? I can get a recipe if you want?
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please! Empty Re: It's an incoming birthday fest in this house. Suggestions please!

Post by tracyp Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:02 pm

I think Jessup would really love that!

I'd love a recipe.

Cheers. happy
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

And your god-dog Xan turns 9 on the 17th.
Where has the time gone! I feel like crying.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:49 pm

tracyp wrote:I think Jessup would really love that!

I'd love a recipe.

Cheers. happy

I've asked someone on the GSD forum I post on - hopefully he'll answer soon.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:56 am

Shisa wrote:And your god-dog Xan turns 9 on the 17th.

17th of feb? love one day after ours?
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:57 am

Cheers caryll. thumbs up
I found a recipe for cream cheese icing. That might be nice with a tuna cake.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:10 am

tracyp wrote:Cheers caryll. thumbs up
I found a recipe for cream cheese icing. That might be nice with a tuna cake.

Oh, yuk! laughing
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:14 am

Here's the recipe - looks a bit involved, but I think that's just the way he writes it! laughing

Alan's Dodgy Dog Treats
From an idea Raife's trainer offered modified by me. I found that for some reason all the dogs found the trainer far more fascinating than their owners.
These could be the reason ;0)

Tried to keep any products out of the mix which may be bad for our dogs. Due to the limited amount fed to the dogs I will accept the hit on the tinned fish.
Terrible at writing recipes I am not Delia Smith :0)
Bag of frozen lamb mince or beef mince or two trays of Tesco lambs liver or 4 tins of tuna in springwater drained. about 200 grms of mature cheddar cheese

4 large eggs liquidise including the shells add
1 heaped Tbs of Turmeric use a good organic here to ensure maximum curcumin content.
1 heaped Tbs of black peppercorns run through the coffee grinder
2 cloves of garlic chopped and liquidised.
A good dollop of virgin coconut oil or a glug of salmon oil. This is meant to be fun happy
Run whatever flavour of meat/fish thru your food processor until pulped. you could use a liquidiser but I found that the liver will burn it out :beard:
Add the egg mix to the meat/fish and blend it all together I add the shredded cheese to the tuna at this time. No reason why any of then should not have added cheese.
Tip this lot into a mixing bowl and mix in chickpea flour until the mixture sticks to your spoon. I suppose any gluten free flour would serve. I selected chickpea because
it has the least processing carried out during production.
Tip the mix into an olive oiled baking tray and smooth it out. Remove dogs nose from mixing bowl or better still let him lick it out.
Now I make three versions at the same time to maximise oven usage, up to you.
Bake this in the oven for about up to an hour at 160 C I say about because all ovens are different especially my one happy test with a knife after about 40 mins. I tend to use my
eyes and nose to tell me when something is cooked. But then I am just a Man :0)
You should end up with a flat cake still rubbery in the middle and crusty on the outside. Wrestle tray away from dog.
Cut the cake while still hot lengthways and crossways I use a pizza wheel and a sharp knife. You should be able to get 1 cm cubes. Judicious use of a fish slice will ease the cut cake out of the tray. Allow to cool, bag up and freeze. Test tray scrapings on dog.
I do add other stuff to mine like green lipped mussel (Sprinkled dry after cooking to retain properties), kelp powder and krill meal.
You can remove a few as needed from the freezer but put them in a sandwich bag or similar they can be quite oily.
And have lots of fun doing it.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:50 am

Caryll wrote:Here's the recipe - looks a bit involved, but I think that's just the way he writes it! laughing

Alan's Dodgy Dog Treats

Tip the mix into an olive oiled baking tray and smooth it out. Remove dogs nose from mixing bowl or better still let him lick it out.

And have lots of fun doing it.

I think I like Alan. rolling on floor

Cheers caryl. Many thanks.
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:09 am

He's a nice guy, a lot of fun.

Hope you (well, your dogs!) like it!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:04 am

Caryll wrote:He's a nice guy, a lot of fun.

Having met him, I can confirm that! happy
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:36 am

Are you still going to Crufts, Lorraine?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:06 am

Yes - on the Saturday. I've booked on four seminars.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:34 am

See you there!

Time to see if you're a hot, 25 year old guy! laughing
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 pm

That would explain why you didn't find me at the Pet Show! laughing Sadly, I think you're going to be very disappointed.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Lorraine wrote:That would explain why you didn't find me at the Pet Show! laughing Sadly, I think you're going to be very disappointed.

laughing

No, the pet show was just incompetence on my part! Should've made better arrangements! We'll be congregating around Tommy's bench.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:10 pm

No, I didn't find you as equally as you didn't find me! We were both a little naive perhaps! laughing Beside, I'm sure Eleanor enjoyed wandering around looking at people with a sign held up. I lost count of the number of people I looked at with jeans and trainers on! I have since bought a mobile phone, but am not sure how to use it and it's usually run out of charge when I try raised eyebrow
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:44 am

rolling on floor
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down