All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed.

+2
Shisa
tracyp
6 posters

Go down

I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed. Empty I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed.

Post by tracyp Tue May 05, 2015 3:25 am

It started as my german aunt inviting con & I for lunch with her & one of her sons, bring my dogs she said as her sons dog (1yr) needs to socialize. No prob, we'll be there.... ( she's making moussaka, especially for con. laughing  greek food for a greek boy! 1st time in 8 yrs hes been to her house) shocked

I'd been trying to find one of my other cousins for months, finally found him thanks to my aunt. There are only 5 in Australia with our surname. (Sorry, 6. His ex kept our name so she didnt have to go back to.... smith?) + his 3 gorgeous kids. Here, if you have our name.... i know you! Told him we were going to auntys for lunch...yeah! Hes coming with 3 kids & a girlfriend. Then i spoke to another cousin,( her other son,) hes coming too with his wife & 3 dogs (labs).... my aunts bro was with his son when I called so, after chatting with them, they are coming too..... then, covering eyes .......................... my sister called. (She lives an 8 hr drive away. I've been trying to get her to come down here for a "girlie" weekend for months) She's coming down, this weekend, yes she wants to come to our aunts to.... she'll be here with her OH.

Oh my god! 4 has turned into 15!

I rang my aunt..... ummmmm, by the way.... we'll have 15 & 6 dogs. happy

I cooked tons, so did my aunt, I felt guilty, she is elderly,.....I didnt mean to invade her house.... i took fold up chairs, food, cutlery,  drinks, etc.

What a great day!!!
my aunt, my uncle, my sister, cousins, partners, kids, dogs.....everyone just diving in the house to get food, then eating with plates on laps, dogs playing (only 3 as my cousins wife heard... dobe, staff, she got scared & I think she didnt let my cousin bring them. Hes a dog trainer,  he would have bought them. Hes not scared,  she was.) thinking

Anyway..... mish mash of a day but we all had a ball. We played "musical chairs & table". As the sun moved we moved further down the yard. laughing

Here's 2/3 of them. (I couldn't get them to all sit down at the same time)

I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed. 20150503_153253

Heres the puppies.
Jewell ( one of my sisters lines) shes 14? Mths now. Tyson & Jess.

I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed. 20150503_153212-1 broken heart
tracyp
tracyp

Names of Dogs : Jessie & Tyson

Back to top Go down

I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed. Empty Re: I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed.

Post by Shisa Tue May 05, 2015 11:57 am

Sounds lovely!
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed. Empty Re: I dug myself a grave that ended up a flower bed.

Post by LyndaW Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 pm

Oh well done for mucking in and making a grand family reunion of it!

And Jess looks great btw. Bless the old girl.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Wed May 20, 2015 5:19 pm

She is lumpy & old lady grumpy (i call her the "fun police" now as she is going deaf & blind, she now barks incessantly at dogs playing, or perseved things sometimes, no one can have fun unless she's in the middle, directing or telling them off.) laughing  She was nackered for 2 days after.

But it was fabulous to see them all together. love

Last edited by tracyp on Thu May 21, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 pm

It's great getting together with family for something other than a funeral happy

But what's wrong with the surname, 'Smith'.........?
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Ain't that the truth Lorraine! Last time I saw some of them was at my dads funeral 8 yrs ago.

Nothing wrong with "Smith" babe... is it yours? laughing
I don't actually know her maiden name. Though anything is better than my NZ ex bro in laws.... Vyle. shocked

rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu May 21, 2015 2:23 pm

tracyp wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. I tried so hard to persuade hubby he should take my name instead! After years of teasing my mum that her maiden name (Smith) was common - I ended up becoming one!!!! shocked
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu May 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Lorraine wrote:
tracyp wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.  I tried so hard to persuade hubby he should take my name instead!  After years of teasing my mum that her maiden name (Smith) was common - I ended up becoming one!!!! shocked

love  Thats funny! It's a normal name here. We always use "Smith" as a generic or "Jones" if you are trying to out do the neighbours. rolling on floor

I couldn't ever take my babes name.... no one could spell it. tongue

What was your name?
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Thu May 21, 2015 6:39 pm

tracyp wrote:
Lorraine wrote:
tracyp wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.  I tried so hard to persuade hubby he should take my name instead!  After years of teasing my mum that her maiden name (Smith) was common - I ended up becoming one!!!! shocked

love  Thats funny! It's a normal name here. We always use "Smith" as a generic or "Jones" if you are trying to out do the neighbours. rolling on floor

What was your name?

We do the same - 'Keeping up with the Joneses' is a common saying here. My maiden name was Bailey, not uncommon, but not quite 'Smith' laughing
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Thu May 21, 2015 8:05 pm

My maiden name was Kosnikowska , and worse still my real first name is Lydda and my middle name is Muriel, so you can imagine what tortures I went through at school, as a shy teenager! Probably it wouldn't be so bad today, now that everyone is more cosmopolitan. I had a friend called Anne Green - how I envied her, although I expect she got equally sick of "how are you spelling that, with or without an E"?

And then I got married ............

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Thu May 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Oh you two make me laugh! thumbs up

Mine is Prillwitz, (von prillwitz, the von was dropped during the war to stop the Russian's targeting my ancestors. I don't even bother say my surname anymore, I just say, I'll spell it for you.... no, it's not P.r.o... "I"! Is it really that hard? Prill-witz!) which is easier than some of my cousins,  they are Grzegorzek. (Phonetically,  Sheg-or-shek). & there's only 3 of them in AU + one wife who calls herself "Gregory"  not talking   & she can't even say her husbands first name properly after 15 odd yrs. rolling on floor  We used to call him "diet bar" as children when we couldnt pronounce "Dietmar". (Ditmar, not Deetmar) Dad was Joachim, (joe-uch-him or john) my uncle is Jurgen (yur-gin or george), Con is actually Constantinos or kosta (when he is in trouble with a female family member laughing ) or Kon, His brother is Vasillious or "bill"...  His sister is katerina (kathy)..I could go on.  whistling

Not many I know actually use their true name! Damn Aussies changing their names constantly!!! (As we do for most everything... wanna get a banger? I'm hungry) rolling on floor  But it makes life fun... when they are naughty, I call them by their true name, not the english version. ninja Stops them all in their tracks immediately. I think, they think its their mum telling them off as I rarely do it for the full effect when I need to pull them up. rolling on floor

Are you polish Lynda? We are prussian if you go back about 5 generations. My middle name is actually samanda but everyone translates it to samantha.

& you are what now Lynda? Please don't say Williams..... thumbs up  It cant be harder than Kosnikowska.

P.s. Lydda is a lovely name. love
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Fri May 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Yes I'm half Polish, Tracy. My father had a terrible war, was smuggled to England by the French Resistance and after the war couldn't return to his homeland. And then he met my (English) mum and did his best to settle down.

I'm Lydda to my family and oldest friends, but long ago changed my first name to Lynda for the world at large because it was so much easier. Long story short, I've had so many names to so many people over the years it's hard for me to think what my own name is to myself which is a strange feeling. It's actually a comfort for me to know that others, like you Tracy and your family, experience the same thing and cope with it.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Fri May 22, 2015 11:02 pm

Isn't it strange how cosmopolitan we all are? When I was a child I would have said that I was English. However, my great grandfather was a polish Jew and I have a German aunt. My husband is half Irish.

Quite what that makes Eleanor lord only knows!

My maiden name was Brewer,common enough, but on my mum's side were names such as Hachard and Marecki. Not quite so common!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat May 23, 2015 12:33 am

Yes, I guess most of us are a glorious mixture! Even "pure-bred English" are a mixture of many races. I was an enthusiastic genealogist and found that my English side harks back to Norman and Danish roots way way back.

Uncommon surnames make it much, much easier to investigate family trees if one is interested in tracing family history - at least until the original bearer entered the country.

Even "common" names are interesting - for instance Caryll, your father's surname of Brewer indicates that his forebear (probably going back to 1400's) was known as a producer of beer.

LyndaW
LyndaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Sat May 23, 2015 6:26 am

I've had a quick look at my family tree too. I've traced my mother's side back to 1598 in the same village where I was born, and my dad's family back a little further to a village eight miles away! I now live about 35 miles away from there, so I guess I'm a great adventurer!

My hubby, however, had grandparents who were Austrian, French, Irish and English - but he still ended up a Smith laughing
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by tracyp Sat May 23, 2015 4:19 pm

LyndaW wrote:Yes I'm half Polish, Tracy.  My father had a terrible war, was smuggled to England by the French Resistance and after the war couldn't return to his homeland.  And then he met my (English) mum and did his best to settle down.

I'm Lydda to my family and oldest friends, but long ago changed my first name to Lynda for the world at large because it was so much easier. Long story short, I've had so many names to so many people over the years it's hard for me to think what my own name is to myself which is a strange feeling.  It's actually a comfort for me to know that others, like you Tracy and your family, experience the same thing and cope with it.

My oma (german grandmother)fled germany when under russian occupation, set sail to Australia with her then 3 young children , documents & pics stuffed in her girdle.... she would have been shot for it if she was found. Her husband was at war fighting, he didnt know where they went. I don't know how he found them but he arrived here years later to be reunited.

I've done an extensive family tree/history. I'm a "heinz variety".... germans, irish, aussie... It's very interesting!
tracyp
tracyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Learn something new every day!

I like having a relatively uncommon name, though I've met a few people who have the same name as me. tongue I don't even know how many nationalities there are in my family tree! laughing
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down