All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exams

4 posters

Go down

Exams Empty Exams

Post by Eleanor Tue May 12, 2015 6:20 pm

I hate exams so much! crying crying crying

Had my Anatomy and Physiology exam today, which I've been studying for and revising for the last three months. My mind went to a total blank. Got past the first 20 questions, then my mind completely shut down. sad
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Exams Empty Re: Exams

Post by Lorraine Tue May 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Exams do that to you, I'm sure you've done just fine. I used to find that the exams I found the 'easiest' were the ones I'd completely missed the point on, and those I found hardest I got the better marks for.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Tue May 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Thanks hug I counted up potential marks and I should have enough for a pass. It's 50% of the grade and my assignment grade was quite high for Anatomy and Physiology, so that'll bring the grade up as well.

I had to leave the exam forty minutes early. I'd done as much as I could and was on the verge of a panic attack. laughing Quite a few people left earlier than me, though. I think they allocated too much time for us. Most people on our course had finished within the first hour.
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Tue May 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Oh Eleanor, I do feel for you, exams are such torture.

Knowing you on-line as I do, I'd give you a wacking great pass in Anatomy and Physiology any day.

And I totally understand the bit about you leaving before the end of the exam. If you can bear it, here is one of my "stories"!

I was 16 years old, sitting Geography GCE "O" level. There were no course marks in those days, just this one exam and that was it. Well it was 50 years ago now so I can't remember every detail, but I do know that I answered the questions as best I could (Geography wasn't my strongest point so the answers were brief), drew a few sketchy maps, and there was still 2 hours left to go. I did some doodles on my blotting paper, daydreamed about the Beatles, but there was still one interminable hour to go sigh So I very carefully and slowly shaded in the coastlines around my maps in blue. And then I couldn't stand any more and made a bolt for the door and ran down the stairs (chased by the invigilator but I was too quick for her).

And I passed! OK only just (I reckon it was my blue coastlines that won the day), but I could add an "O" level to my tally, much to my surprise.

So I have every confidence in you Eleanor!

LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed May 13, 2015 7:16 am

Of course the colouring helped! Glad to see someone else did 'O' levels happy

My 'O' level maths teacher was old fashioned, and wouldn't allow us the use of calculators in our classes, so when it came to the exam, where calculators were allowed, I didn't have one. I had to do all the complicated workings out long-hand using log tables - unsurprisingly, I was still scribbling numbers right to the end of the exam. It's the only exam I have never finished early in!
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 13, 2015 9:08 am

hug hug hug hug

Thanks for the stories! I love reading them! happy

I think I've calmed down a bit now. The annoying thing is that I can remember all of my revision perfectly now. Me and exams just don't mix! tongue
Eleanor
Eleanor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shisa Wed May 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I saw a pic on Facebook the other day along the like of:

The Brain: Wondrous organ that never sleeps and never stops working from the day you're born, except for exams and when you fall in love.
Shisa
Shisa

Names of Dogs : Xan, Daisy, Rusty, Missy, Sheba, Spike, Pugsley, Axel, Coco, Lequita, Bruno, Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorraine Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Very true Theresa!
Lorraine
Lorraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Wed May 13, 2015 2:23 pm

So true...
Eleanor