All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daft as a brush

3 posters

Go down

Daft as a brush Empty Daft as a brush

Post by LyndaW Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Kuchar is insatiably curious, he will investigate anything new he comes across - a paper bag, road repairs - you name it.

But until today he hasn't been scared of these new things (apart from someone flying a drone above his head, which was understandable)

Today he saw a house agents' sign! Across the road where we were walking, stuck in the front garden, a heart-shaped sign, and the only unusual thing was that it was mounted about 2-3 feet above the ground. Not flapping in a breeze or anything - just there. Kuchar was transfixed, his hackles raised. Then he gave a few little barks (unusual for him). It was a quiet road so I tried to get him to cross towards the sign, he was MOST reluctant. With reassuring words we got there, and I touched the sign in an effort to show him it wasn't dangerous, but he was having none of it; none of his usual nosiness - just "I want to get out of here" and he was jittery for the rest of the walk.

What goes on their little heads. I don't know whether to "casually" walk Kuchar past this scary sign from a different direction (we don't have to go down this road) or just leave him to forget it.

Not the end of the world, I know, and I know that he is not gifted in the way of intelligence bless him, but for house sign lower to the ground than usual to scare him SO much is baffling.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Daft as a brush Empty Re: Daft as a brush

Post by Lorraine Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:50 pm

Bless him! I'd be inclined not to push it if I were you, especially if there's no real need to go that way.
Lorraine
Lorraine

Names of Dogs : Morgan, Tristan, Uther

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:29 am

Poor Kuchar!

No, I wouldn't push it. If it was an every day thing, then get him to face it. But unless you're going to suddenly get liads of these signs up all over the place I wouldn't bother - let him carry on in blissfull ignorance!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Yes, I'll avoid it as it is not vital to everyday life. I just wish I knew what went on in his tiny brain confused
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 am

We'd all like to know that!
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down