All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tommy's Critiques so far

5 posters

Go down

Tommy's Critiques so far  Empty Tommy's Critiques so far

Post by Dave Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:19 am

Been lucky and the boy has had a few critiques now so here they are , been tracking them for the future and lovely to hear what the judges think . If he has not been first I also keep the 1st , 2nds so there is a comparison . Tommy is Fergiestaffs Olympic Flame

Critiques

2013 Potteries Open 20th October – Mrs Gill Carter
2nd Place Yearling Dog , 1st Place Novice Dog
YEARLING DOG 3 (1)

1st Dilirystaff Rough Diamond, Red, nice headed dog with dark eye, clean lip, correct bite, good front & top line, moved well
2nd Fergiestaff's Olympic Flame, not to much between these to dogs just preferred the darker eye of 1st

NOVICE DOG 5 (2)

1st Fergiestaff's Olympic Flame
2nd Pendlestaff Thunderstruck
3rd Albermarbull Golden storm

2013 NWSBTC Open 27th October Mrs Margaret Cairns
1st Place Yearling Dog , 2nd Place Novice Dog

YD, 1 McKimm’s, Fergiestaff Olympic Flame, red, nice head, black mask, good dentition straight front, well boned legs good rib and bend of stifle handled well.
2 Heron’s Dilirystaff Rough Diamond, stronger head than 1black mask good cheek bumps good clean mouth big teeth good underjaw good depth of brisket moved ok.
3 Crosby’s, Quatros Red Archibald.

ND. 1 Magical Apache. 2F Olypic Flame. 3 Megansmambo Duke.

2013 Nottingham Sherwood Foresters Caine Association Open Show 23rd November Newark. Judge: Craig Frazer - Highbourne (Australia)

I would like to thank the Nottingham Sherwood Foresters Kennel Association for allowing me the opportunity to judge at their recent Open Show Saturday 23 November 2013.

A very big thank you to all the exhibitors for their entry today, I know some of you travelled quite a distance. Being an exhibitor myself I know it's not easy to have people to enter an Open show with the price of fuel today, much appreciate your entry and attendance. I was pleased to have quality dogs to assess and pleased with my winners. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mrs Lesley McFadyen my ring steward today for standing in at the last minute …..your support was appreciated.

STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIERS

CLASS 35 – POST GRADUATE

1st – ESSEX: QUINLENT SLOPPY SECONDS AT JAVAWOLF (IMP NLD)
Red bitch, finer type, although I would like a bit more of her, she still has very good breed type. Lovely strong head and expression, but still feminine. Correct bite and good under jaw, pleasing dark round eyes, very expressive. Small thin neat rose ears to complete the picture. Strong neck and straight front, well laid shoulder into short level back. Topline held on the move. Short well let down hocks. Moved with plenty of drive. Shown in fit condition.

2nd – BOULTON: NIZEVA DIAZ
Black/brindle bitch, another finer type, still with plenty of virtues. Well proportioned head, deep and broad for a bitch. Good bite, clean lipped. Dark round eyes, well set, small neat ears set on correct. Straight front, could have more depth in brisket. Good spring of rib and short back, topline held on the move. Well muscled hindquarters and correct tail set. Moved well.

3rd – McKIMM: FERGIESTAFF OLYMPIC FLAME
Red dog with good breed type, would just prefer a bit more strength in head. Scissor bite, dark eye and rose ears. Straight front with good round bone. Strong neck and well sprung ribs. Level topline with short back. Good angulation behind, correct tail set. Moved OK.

Craig A Frazer
Highbourne Staffords Australia

2013 SBTC of South Wales Champ Show 24th November - Judge Dave Lee

3rd place – no Critique given 

2013 Lancashire Sporting Terrier Club 1st December Judge Mr Paul Sutcliffe (Pendlestaff) SBT

Post Grad (8-2)
1st McKimm - Fergiestaff Olymic Flame . Red dog neat rose ears, correct bite, good straight front and tight feet, level topline, good rear angulation.
2nd MacDonald - Magical Apache
Brindle dog neat rose ears, dark eye, straight front, level topline, tight feet.
3rd Rodger - Ozzies Red Rascal
4th Clough - Sergent Major Lady by Derosalstaff

2013 Ashbourne and District Canine Society 28th December Judge Debbie Desmond

Post Graduate Dog or Bitch
3rd McKimm’s - Fergistaffs Olympic Flame
R/W Dog 20 months. Lovely rich red male. Head of good proportions with good skull to muzzle ratio. Good bite. Eyes nice and round colour reflected in coat, but for me could be a little darker. Good ear set and carriage, which he used to enhance his expression when prompted. A short neck that flows nicely into well laid shoulders. Good straight, well boned front with tidy feet. Enough rib, short coupled body leading to a good back end with good bend of stifle. Correct tail set and carriage. A nice dog that, for me, at this age could be in a little harder condition. Topline good. Movement was a little erratic. More practice/experience for this dog and handler will improve this over time. A lovely relationship between dog and handler which I’m sure will grow from strength to strength.

D Desmond
Elitebull

2013 19th NWSBTC Limit Show - Judge Mr Bill Asker
Yearling dog;
1. Barielle Field Marshall; Black brindle with white, nice clean head shape, round eyes, mouth ok, good length of neck, straight front with good shoulders. Level top line which is kept on the move, nice turn of stifle, little erratic on the move.

2. Fergiestaffs Olympic Flame; red and white with pleasing head shape, dark eye, neat ears. Good top line moved ok. Just preferred the front on my 1st place.

2013 EMSBTC Limit Show 26th January 2014 Judge Trevor Bowler

Undergraduate Dog (3)

1st – McKimm’s Fergiestaff Olympic Flame

Red dog, well proportioned, nice head shape with good ear carriage and correct bite, alert, nice straight front, up on toes with tidy feet, level topline with good tuck in at loins, good bend of stifle, exhibited in a fit condition. Res Best Dog

2nd –Bedford’s Smokemonts Suited ‘N Booted
B/br dog, standard size, good well proportioned head shape with dark round eye, good teeth, ample bone with straight front, tidy feet up on pasterns, lost out on movement to winner.
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Tommy's Critiques so far  Empty Re: Tommy's Critiques so far

Post by Eleanor Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:29 am

Nice!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s
Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:34 am

The last one says it all! Reflects the hard work you've put in with him. Well done, he's a cracker!
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 am

Caryll wrote:The last one says it all! Reflects the hard work you've put in with him. Well done, he's a cracker!
Did you notice the comment on the 2nd placed dog "lost out on movement to the winner" , I particularly liked that one happy

We should have one coming along shortly from the show last week so hope its another good one though I think it may say handling erratic
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynne Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Brilliant

happy 
Lynne
Lynne

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Dave wrote:
Caryll wrote:The last one says it all! Reflects the hard work you've put in with him. Well done, he's a cracker!
 Did you notice the comment on the 2nd placed dog "lost out on movement to the winner" ,  I particularly liked that one happy 

We should have one coming along shortly from the show last week so hope its another good one though I think it may say handling erratic

I think the only problem with movement, from what you've said, is Tommy being exuberant! But he'll settle soon enough, after all he's little more than a pup still. If you'd been ring training him since 8 weeks old, then I'd expect different, but for the short time you've been training him, he's done well.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:51 pm

Brilliant! I bet you're pleased, and as Caryll says the last critique shows how well both you and Tommy are learning your craft. And Tommy's still just a youngster so ......  wooo 
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:47 pm

We got this fantastic critique from Potteries and District Canine Society Show 15th March - 1st place Post Graduate Dog - our best so far

Potteries & District Canine Society, Open Show, Judge David Molineux (Druidhawk)
Post Graduate
1st Mc Kimm’s Fergiestaffs Olympic Flame Red/dog good headed dog with a good stop correct bite the darkest of eyes. stood 4 sq. plenty rib with well laid back shoulders strong rear end with good bend of stifle and a level top line which held lovely on the move, handled and moved well
Dave
Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleanor Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:01 pm

Great critique!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaW Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Fab - u - lus. I bet you're thrilled.
LyndaW
LyndaW

Names of Dogs : Kuchar

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Nice one! Seems a really fair critique from what I saw of Tommy a couple of weeks ago! thumbs up 
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum