All Breeds Dog forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food

3 posters

Go down

Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food  Empty Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food

Post by Dave Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm

The make up looks quite good and prices reasonable

http://www.devotedpetfoods.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=59

Anyone care to comment ?? A good friend of mine and respected breeder is using it for her Staffords
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food  Empty Re: Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food

Post by Caryll Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Composition
Potato (26%), Duck Meal (26%), Peas, Sugar Beet
Pulp, Poultry Fat, Brewers Yeast, Linseed, Chicken
Hydrolysate, Minerals, Vitamins

It isn't the worst I've seen by a long chalk! Personally I wouldn't be too happy with the meat quality, or the fact that it's the 2nd named ingredient, but the rest of it looks good, especially as the price doesn't look too bad.

I had to look up Chicken Hydrolysate. It looks like it's chicken that has been pre-'digested' for easy absorption by the gut. I know nothing more about that, though, so I can't comment as to whether it's good or not.
Caryll
Caryll

Names of Dogs : Dempsey

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food  Empty Re: Anyone heard of this "Devoted" dog food

Post by Eleanor Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Seems reasonable, though I wouldn't ever consider it for Dempsey due to the poultry content. Definitely not among the worst foods I've seen!
Eleanor
Eleanor

Time Online : 5m 1s

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Are you thinking of giving it a try, Dave?
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 pm

I was just chatting with others on another page about alternatives , at the moment we are trying the switch over to Pero , the kids are less and less interested in Wainwrights and have to eat it grudgingly , through boredom I think, they appear to be loving the Pero ( just a samll handfull in with the wainwrights at the momnent for the last 2 days but the love puffs are vile . So just looking around at the options I guess and taking note of people that I know have really nice condition dogs
Dave
Dave

Names of Dogs : Tilly and Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caryll Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:02 pm

As Eleanor says, we couldn't give it to Dempsey because of the duck & chicken. But it wouldn't be one that I'd avoid otherwise.
Caryll
Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down